Thread: Latest bowl and rough outs

Latest bowl and rough outs

I really wish my photography was 1/100th of Ken Hills... but here are a few

1st is a 7" Ambrosia Maple of the Cruz farm. Finish sanded to 1000grit, Walnut Oil and paper towel buffed.

IMG_3008.jpgIMG_3017.jpg

2nd is a NE Cherry Crotch rough out which came from Tony DeMasi
    2012-01-20_17-59-02_279.jpg

3rd is a Oak Burl from Ken Hill's Burl-A-Rama - I have a vision in my head on how this will look. Hope it happens in real life! Plan on a semi thin wing, with a shallow bowl top.. xfingers
    2012-01-23_21-17-50_431.jpg2012-01-23_21-18-04_262.jpg

Got a few Thompson tools in and made some handles. 1 3/8" scraper with Walnut handle, 3/8" and 1/4" detail gouges with Hard Maple handles.
    2012-01-12_19-54-09_798.jpg

You've got a nice collection going on there. My favorite is the oak burl. Quite nice, all of them, including the Thompson's!

Looking good Peter!

Keep me in the loop for the next meet up, I need a working bandsaw. Hopefully I will be in town on that weekend.

Nicely done on the maple Peter. Looking forward to seeing it in person too. That oak is going to be a really nice piece too.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Very nice variety there Peter. They all look good!

you've been busy..all look super. the burl-o-rama will be stunning!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Well, great to see you posting your work, Peter. That burl is even prettier in person! Hope they are all done in a couple of weeks for our next meeting...would love to see them all done.
    I drink, therefore I am.