Thread: plywood storage?

plywood storage?

I have a leftover sheet of pre-finished maple plywood (walk-in closet project) that I'd like to keep flat.

I can't dedicate floor space - thoughts? photos?

Put it on end/edge, as vertical as you can, and use a rope, chain, or the like, to keep it from falling over.

Return it to the lumber yard and then buy a fresh new one when you need it again. Let them store it for you.

Charley

I store all my full and partial pieces vertically. The full sheets and big pieces get stored in a 2' w x 4' x 8'-something tall bin tucked in a corner of my shop. I wedge a block in to keep them standing straight up and down if needed. That's worked well for me.

+1 on the vertical. If it doesn't stand up pretty straight it will be warped in no time. Here's what I have for mine. Works very well.

shop (56).jpg

Changes in moisture and humidity cause the plywood to move. Vertical storage works fine. Keep an air gap on both sides, store it along an inside wall or put a moisture barrier between the plywood and the outside wall. Keep the plywood edge off the concrete floor or moisture will wick into the edge. Plastic sheeting, hardboard or styrofoam sheets work well. Of course, you may live in Phoenix where the humidity and ground are constantly dry.