Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is hard to believe

It is hard to believe

Hard to believe,but I have posted 6 whole pages of pictures of my work. The problem is,newer members like Klaus haven't seen them. A lot of other members apparently haven't seen them either. Like the infill jack plane I just posted,and re posted the old black and white photos as Klaus hadn't seen them. Lots of responses from some who hadn't seen the plane before.

I have several new things to post,as I just went through my slides and scanned them.

I am wondering if some of you would like me to re post things from a year or 2 ago? Let me know.

I wonder if you can start a photo album or collection here on smc george

If an article or photo album here at SMC could be put together, that would be terrific.

For anyone interested, however, you can simply click on George's name, and then click "view profile" - on the page it takes you to, click "Find latest started threads" - this will show you all, or most, of the threads George has started. George is pretty good (unlike some of us) at using a pretty descriptive thread title, so it's usually pretty obvious which ones are going to contain photos and info of things he's made, and what they are. So you should be able to click through the pages and find the things that interest you. You might miss a few things that George has posted to threads other folks have started, but you should find the majority of it.

It might take me a little bit, but if it'd be helpful, I'd be willing to take some time tomorrow to make a post with links to the pertinent threads George has made here, but I'm not sure it would offer much more than what folks can find on their own using the search function.

EDIT: Played with it a little and this "list of links" post shouldn't take me too long to make. I can definitely do this tomorrow morning if people think it's helpful.
    Last edited by Jessica Pierce-LaRose; 01-31-2012 at 9:20 PM.

Hi George - glad to see you're back.
    I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I look forward to your threads - Partly for the "awe" factor; partly for the knowledge you impart; and partly for the inspiration they provide.
    If you decide to re-post, might I suggest that you adopt a single naming convention for the title of each thread (suffixed with a number, for ex.) so that in the future, it would be easy to find them all.

Joe,you look just like James Bond. I would be afraid to make anything for you,because things suffer so much damage "in the field." !!!

Why not start a gallery and then a post to point to it?

I don't know how to do anything fancy,like a gallery. Still learning computers. I started VERY late in life. Besides,you'd lose all of the information about the objects that goes with the pictures.

You raise an interesting point George. Ideally, the gallery feature should let us add a brief description to go with each entry. I don't see any way to do that unless you create a new album for each object. Then you could add the narrative to go along with the photo's. That would work. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Somebody needs to help George start a personal web page or blog to showcase his wonderful works.
    If I had six hours to chop down a tree I'd hire someone else to do it and put my time to better use.

I appreciate the help,but what I really need to know is,do you want me to re post older posts?

Blog Entries
    YES I do wish you would post them again.

I will if several express interest. I do not want to bore members,but there always do seem to be ones who did not see the old posts. And,there are those who cannot access the FAQ section. They REALLY need to contribute the $6.00. Just the FAQ section is worth the money. That's like the cost of a magazine or 2,where you are lucky to see a FEW decent pieces of work.
    Last edited by george wilson; 01-31-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )
    George:

I would more than appreciate it if you would re-post some of your older projects.

Dave Beauchesne

For what it is worth, I'd like to see them, too. Maybe a George Wilson thread with the work in one thread, which would allow you to post descriptions as long as you wanted for each piece. I bet it would get stickied. Somewhere there is a thread with a saw you made that I'm about to go search for....

Mt. Juliet, TN, (15 miles east of Nashville)

Red face George Wilson

Welcom back from your vacation, we have missed you at the mill. I would also enjoy seeing more of your work. Though i am a new member, I have reviewed the past pages and am enthralled in your work.
    Thanks,
    Don Reneau