Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've got to quit watching Saint Roy

I always get nervous when he's got someone else's vintage piece haphazardly tossed on the bench - like the episode with William Andersons bowsaw - I was always nervous that the original was going to get knocked on the floor or hit with a tool . . .

OK, dumb question: who is St. Roy? Never heard of him.

I watched the episode on the English Framing Square a couple of weeks ago. Now I have 4 of them and am looking to make some more tools. That show should come with warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by James Carmichael View Post
    OK, dumb question: who is St. Roy? Never heard of him.
    He is Roy Underhill, host of the PBS Series "The Woodwright's Shop" and pioneering old hand tool user/teacher/afficianado.

5. My local public library has volumes ii-iv of the Woodwright's shop, copyright 1985, so at least some of the old stuff is out there. Unfortunately, I have no way to watch VHS anymore.

ps It's the Knox County public library.

Quote Originally Posted by David White II View Post
    My local public library has volumes ii-iv of the Woodwright's shop, copyright 1985, so at least some of the old stuff is out there. Unfortunately, I have no way to watch VHS anymore.

ps It's the Knox County public library.
    I'd be buying a $20 vcr and skipping work the next couple of weeks...
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.