Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CAD Files

Re: Cad Files

Originally posted by Keith Outten
    Just for Laughs, in the vertical up position it looked like you could do a little ping pong practice if you got the urge.
    LOL! I hadn't thought of that, but you are right! Of course, the miter slots might interfere with "correct" directional response of the ball...

So what program do I use to open these files???
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Idea/suggestion

Well, here is the old critic again

Since this CAD library has the potiental to grow to possibly hundreds of files, how about setting up an ftp directory were a zip file has an accompaying txt file describing the drawing?
    Best Regards, Ken

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Unhappy DOH!

I never said that I was a computer wiz. When I down loaded Keith’s “outfeed.zip” last night and opened it up with my zip program, I was actually looking at my own “outfeed.zip” file.
    After reading Jim’s comments, I downloaded Keith’s file again, but this time I renamed it “outfeed2” and low & behold it is not the same file!
    I will email Keith my cad drawings and he can upload them if he wants.

I feel really stupid – sorry guys!

I make mistakes; I’ll be the second to admit it. -- Jean Kerr
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Free Program

Originally posted by Bart Leetch
    So what program do I use to open these files???
    Bart,
    You can go to Autodesk.com and download their viewer “Volo View”. It will allow you to view & print only. Here’s a link to it:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...3112&id=837403

There are other free programs on the web if you do a search.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-26-2003 at 1:06 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Cad Files

Ken G,

I have already setup a directory for CAD files but I'm having second thoughts about the amount of time it would take to keep a directory updated. For now we will just use the forums and upload file attachments as we have already started. The benefit is that all of the drawings are searchable in the SMC database.

Bruce,

No problem on the table saw drawing, it happens to all of us but please post a message and attach your drawing to the new message in this forum.

Bart,

Any CAD program will open the files obviously and Corel Draw as well. I know that AutoCad (AutoDesk) has a free viewer that you used to be able to download from their web site. The problem with a viewer is that you won't be able to make any changes to the drawings. Search the Internet...there are a couple of free CAD programs that are available, the US Army used to have a great CAD program on their web site somewhere that was relly good and it was free. I bought TurboCad 7 and since I changed to Win2K it won't install. The bottom line is that it isn't worth going to any trouble to install, heck I hated the program anyway.

CAD File Wishing Well

The attached file is a drawing of a Wishing Well. The zip file is 36k, the dxf file is 245k and contains a picture of the project.
    Attached Files Attached Files

CAD Files Wheel Barrow

The attached file is a drawing of a Wheel Barrow. The zip file is 34k, there are two dxf files.

CAD File Swing

The attached file is a drawing of a Swing. The zip file is 16k, the dxf file is 159k.

CAD File Doll Cradle

The attached file is a drawing of a Doll Cradle. The zip file is 19k, the dxf file is 232k.

CAD File Steamer Trunk

The attached file is a drawing of a Steamer Trunk. The zip file is 20k, the dxf file is 226k.

CAD File Spline Jig

The attached file is a drawing of a Spline Jig. The zip file is 43k, the dxf file is 52k and contains a picture of the project.

CAD File Shooting Board

The attached file is a drawing of a Shooting Board. The zip file is 4k, the dxf file is 29k.

CAD File Small Box

The attached file is a drawing of a Small Box. The zip file is 17k, the dxf file is 98k.

CAD File Snack Tray

The attached file is a drawing of a Folding Snack Tray. The zip file is 11k, the dxf file is 93k.