Thread: Shopsmith sanding discs??

Shopsmith sanding discs??

I was in Lowes today, and saw packages of sanding discs with the Shopsmith name and logo on them. Has Shopsmith gone out of business and sold the name? Shopsmith has always been in Dayton, Ohio, but these came from another Ohio town.

Rick Potter

I'm still getting ,almost daily, Shopsmith emails for sales items. I think they branched out into the retail store sandpaper business. Seems like I recall seeing some posts about that. Seems like there was something special about the product, was it ceramic?

Yes, ceramic and they are very nice.

4. Shopsmith is still in business, operating out of Dayton, Ohio. Their product line has been expanded to include the new abrasives. They have also developed a new power head for the Shopsmith; now known as the Shopsmith PowerPro. No, they have not gone out of business. They, like many others, are clawing their way back from this economic depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wagner View Post
    Shopsmith is still in business, operating out of Dayton, Ohio. Their product line has been expanded to include the new abrasives. They have also developed a new power head for the Shopsmith; now known as the Shopsmith PowerPro. No, they have not gone out of business. They, like many others, are clawing their way back from this economic depression.
    While I've never even considered a ShopSmith, they used to have a retail outlet close to me and I used to buy a lot of accessories there. My neighbor (also a woodworker) was coveting my shop smith jointer push blocks.

Wish Io could come up with some way to get that new Powerhead for about half of what they want for it (in the cheapest, DIY version). I'd love to have it, but just can't justify the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wagner View Post
    Shopsmith is still in business, operating out of Dayton, Ohio. Their product line has been expanded to include the new abrasives. They have also developed a new power head for the Shopsmith; now known as the Shopsmith PowerPro. No, they have not gone out of business. They, like many others, are clawing their way back from this economic depression.