Thread: Lesson from Facebook

Lightbulb Lesson from Facebook

After seeing that the grafitti artist who painted the lobby of Facebooks headquarters took stock options instead of pay, and that he is now worth $200 M, I have made an offer to all the lathe and associated turning equipment manufacturers.

Give me unlimited access and ownership of requested tools and I will give you stock options for when I go public.

So far, no responses, but it is Saturday. They are probably closed. Sure I will here from them early next week.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

Tom, I will be watching this plan closely - if it works, I plan to be right behind you!!!!

Tell you what I'll do, John, bring me that 1642 of yours and I'll cut you in for half, right now?
    Tom

Tom

I can tell you that from my 40+ years as a consulting engineer accepting options vs. cash, when I could afford it, I should have taken the cash.

While he will be extremely wealthy that figure is based purely on expectations of the IPO. If for some reason it fizzles (highly unlikely) it could be a lot less. It would be a great hardship to only be worth 100 million...

I don;t believe they have even tapped the Chinese? market yet with Facebook, due to the censorship of the internet, that would add about how many billion people? I watching the special the other night on Facebook, I can't believe the numbers, thousands are signing up everyday!
    Dave W. -
    Restoring an 1890 Victorian
    Cuba, NY

So.... you made an offer to all those manufacturers to graffiti paint their lobby?

Have you been holdin' out on us Tom? Something you need tell us?
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

No, Jim. Just made them an offer contingent on me becoming an expert at anything (highly unlikely) in the future. I mean that is like slavery, correct? Think I will follow the NFL guys and start suing.
    Tom

Blog Entries
    I think I may have to follow in your (and Face books) foot steps. I need a Powermatic or an American Beauty. Who's looking for a good investment? I'm determined to be successful at turning.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

It's ok Tom. If you don't wanna come clean about your nocturnal obsession it's alright. But if you post a picture of a graffiti painted turning, we'll all know the truth...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain