Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How many year do you have left?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Mercier View Post
    Hi everyone, I am 65, soon 66 and I'm afraid that next year it will become 67
    Lionel, surely you meant "...I HOPE that next year it will become 67!!" The other option is not favored!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dickerman View Post
    Geez, I'm associating with a bunch of kids here. I started woodturning at age 15. Must have created a mountain of woodchips since then. Lets see...it's 2012 so I'll be 91 this year. Still have all my fingers, good eyesight, hands steady enough to do piercing and pyrography on my turnings, can still turn 1/16th inch sidewalls, seldom wear a faceshield.....guess I'm okay for another few years.
    That is great Wally, I just hope that I am as spry as you and my mother (93). I don't know how you guys do it.

I'll turn 56 this year, did my first turning apx. 4 years ago.
    I retired last summer after starting to have lots of issues with my eyes, after 5 surgeries I'll still be having more in fact I have the next one scheduled in a few weeks for Feb. 23.
    The wife was the one that convinced me to retire and start enjoying my life, as you never know when your final day will come. I lost my Mother to cancer at the age of 64 and my Father to cancer at the age of 75.
    I must say though that I am Blessed in that my wife is 10 yrs the younger and has a very successful business that she truly enjoys, our children are independant so this time is now our time to enjoy.

John

Let's see...I'll be 76 in two days and I walk around with two replacement hips, two stents and an aortic heart valve that came from some animal tissue. Also a new lens in each eye. You bet I wake up each day looking forward to another. And my grand kids are here with me today.

I'll be 62 in June going on 92 after brain tumor surgery, two heart attacks and several other major surgeries. My dad is 92 and came for lunch today as he does ever Sunday. He is still driving every place he need or wants to go. We talked today about his submarine days in WWII and he can remember so much. He puts in over an acre of garden in every year by himself, don't want people getting in his way. I don't expect to last near as long as he has but that is OK.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

6. I'm 52 and started turning about 5 years ago. My father also passed way too young at age 59 from emphysema. I plan to continue teaching until about age 60 and then retire to many years in the shop....oops, I mean studio! There's only a few of us left in my family so I really try to appreciate my loved ones and friends on a daily basis.

I will be 50 in May. Still chasing the wife around....cuz I need the exercise.

Hi All ! I am 61 years young. looking forward to collecting some of my SS money this year. Turning about 8 years. Keeping very busy in retirement!

Jan 1 2012 I turned 60 I thank the man above for what I've had and what I'm being given. My wife and I never leave each other without a meaningful I love you I fell luck to be where I am and how well I'm doing allot of you know my back and both knees are pretty bad and my lungs went on me a couple months back BUT I'm stile doing better then allot of people and I'm still turn about 4 hrs a day.I"M DOING GOOD.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

67 now! and my body thinks I am 87! Pain is a terrible thing to waste.. not seeking sympathy just sharing a truth.
    paul
    921 miles South from that famous person Steve Schlumpf

Well, I'm 45 but sometimes I feel much older. I have been turning for I guess about 3 yrs now. Done flatwork since 1994.

Peter, I'm 43. I tried the marble thing, but unfortunately, I've lost mine... I hope you get to grasp a marble each day for quite some time...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Peter, I'm 43. I tried the marble thing, but unfortunately, I've lost mine... I hope you get to grasp a marble each day for quite some time...
    But at least you have Marples, I hope you get to grasp a Marple each day for quite some time Mike.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I have had a lot of fun for quite a long time, only had one job I didn't like and I have had several. Married (43 years in June) to a wonderful lady that I went to high school with, didn't date her till I went to college, dated for 4 years, got married after the army. My first turning was on Uncle Bobs Craftsman lathe probably in 1955 or 56. Never had so much fun turning until I found this group and joined the Great Plains Woodturners in Lincoln. 65 in June. Hope to last for some time yet but know life can be fleeting as just lost my wife's brother in law tonight, diagnosed with cancer just last November. Normally don't stay up this late but having trouble sleeping tonight.

Remember seeing those on the wall, do you Van? You MUST still be young...you recall details like that...
    I drink, therefore I am.