Hello , it,s Goody the new guy and I want to make a bathroom vanity. It will be a couple of weeks until I start it, but being new to woodworking I want to get all my duckies in a row and try thinking out all my problems first. I really have at least 6 questions, but will post one every 1-3 days. That all said the vanity will be 48'' long x 21'' deep. There will be 3 drawers on the left and right side and 2 doors in the middle. If you stand in front of it the left side and the back will be against a wall. I want to make it mosty out of red oak. Solid oak face frame and solid oak door fronts and drawer fronts. But what should I use for the rest? On the right side I assume 1/2" oak veneer because you can see that side. what should I use on the left side as you will only see it if you pull out a drawer? What should I make the bottom floor out of ? What should I make the back pannel out of ? What should I make the drawers out of ? I do have unlimited supply of pine 1x8x12 feet long (box tops from work) Would planing them thinner make good drawers ? well thats todays question and keep an eye out for many more " vanity " questions in the comming days. ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRICIATED as I am very new and need to learn all the basics. Thanks Goody