Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! the vortex has stopped spinning...

Thankyou for that Thomas! I'll give it a try on some scrap first, have plenty of pva / white glue, craft paper and blocks to test it on.

Scott - mine's about mid chest, definitely above elbow height. You have my sympathy, I know how much it pains not being comfortable with a piece spinning away in front of you.

Now that you are at a better height...consider keeping a water jug and cookies near by. Using a shop stool, take a break every hour to hour and a half or so. Cookies in right hand, jug in left, butt on the stool....this will cure your head aches ! It will probably give you more prospective to the work piece too as frequent back-off-and-look snap shots always help the final product don't you think?

Shop looks good to me...!

Enjoy the process.

Thanks Terry, as a smoker I tend to start turning and lose track of the time, and when I do, I sit on a piece of railway sleeper (nearest stools are covered in tools and 'stuff'), just to have a second look as you say. Cookies and a jug of water - hmmm, have a thermal mug for coffee - must pinch biscuits! Cheers, and thanks - it's a bit more cluttered these days...