Thread: Festool Finish Sprayer???

Festool Finish Sprayer???

So, I just completed a survey online conducted by Festool. The survey was all about finish sprayers. Any word on the street about a new line of Festool sprayers, or am I just starting a rumor???
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

i wonder what the price would be on that thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jon McElwain View Post
    So, I just completed a survey online conducted by Festool. The survey was all about finish sprayers. Any word on the street about a new line of Festool sprayers, or am I just starting a rumor???
    Well they obviously have them on their mind. That would be an interesting one to watch since the HVLP market is pretty well covered from cheap up to don't even ask with plenty of uber high quality options.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

They are just doing some market research. Doesn't mean a new Festool is or isn't around the corner. Just seeing if there is a niche for them. (in other words, "Are people so fed up with certain aspects of finishing they'll pay double or triple for a solution?")

I got the same survey. One question was about what you expect in a product, my response was a "fair price". Tom

I'm sure it will be the "Best in the World!"

Touch of sarcasm there.....

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I'm sure it will be the "Best in the World!"

Touch of sarcasm there.....

Larry
    I want to see the vac attachment that sucks up ALL the overspray!

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    a finish sprayer with NO overspray would be priceless... or maybe just at least $2000 lol

Festool is way off my price/value curve. They make OK tools but IMO cater to those that want the best regardless of price, and that ain't me. OK, fire away!!!....lol
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    And puts it back in the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    a finish sprayer with NO overspray would be priceless... or maybe just at least $2000 lol
    Actually if they could reduce overspray across the board by just a couple of percentage point, they could sell them for a lot of money, production facilities would eat them up.

HVLP already exists

You guys realize that present day HVLP units are down to 3% -7% overspray. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hamory View Post
    You guys realize that present day HVLP units are down to 3% -7% overspray. Right?
    This is theoretically true, but in practice, studies of HVLP guns have shown technique matters a lot more than the gun's theoretical overspray amount with current guns.

Even people who have been in auto body shops for 15-20 years were only getting an average of 58% transfer efficiency with HVLP, but once technique was corrected (they used something like this http://www.iwrc.org/index.cfm/products/laserpaint/, and video taping + showing people what they were actually doing vs what they thought they were doing), it was much higher.

My point here being even if you got a gun capable of 3% overspray, unless your technique is good you will still likely get closer to 30-40%
    If Festool came out with something that gets 3% overspray without needing to have good technique, they may get some converts