Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pooh pot...

pooh pot...

In the metro area there is a hospice patient that loves Winnie the pooh. I was asked by a non-profit to turn a box shaped like a honey pot. I had a friend do some laser work on it to help with the project. The piece is cherry and has a spray lacquer finish, not that it matters. The non-profit gives patients a box to keep prize possesions in and have them close till thier time has passed. Not a fun project, but I am proud that I was able to help. I hope it bring some joy to a patient in thier final days. Thanks for looking. If interested the non-profit is called Legacy Boxes. Russell
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Awesome, Russell............in more ways than just the turning............very noble and a fine piece of work!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Nice hunny pot and a nice story, too....
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Nice work for a caring cause. Having dealt with Hospice more than once, I can affirm it is a superb group of folks with hearts full of compassion. Sounds like Legacy Boxes is a nice compliment to that arrangement.

Well done! The form is just right, and the laser work really makes it unique! Knowing that you spent some time making someones last days on this planet more joyful must be really satisfying. Again, well done.
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Russell, that brought a big smile looking at not just the form, but the wonderful etching too. I will have to look up the Legacy boxes outfit. I am currently trying to get feedback from Beads of Courage to help with their program, but I'm in monthly contact with a bunch of folks in this area who would like more avenues like this to give back, and I'm sure spouses would like some give back too to regain horizontal display space in their homes. Our Southern Piedmont chapter has already been involved with our local hospice for making ornaments at the holidays, but this sounds like a great year round way to contribute to a super cause.
    Beautiful piece, thanks for sharing the info with us!
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

That is great! Looks like the jar from the book and the laser work just adds the perfect touch. The hospice projects are very satisfying. I make Native American flutes and have donated quite a lot of them to hospice workers to play for thier patients. I've heard back from quite a few of them how much thier patients enjoy and appreciate it. Keeps me motivated.

A very worthwhile project. Nice job!

Winny would be proud.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Too cool! I love doing stuff like that, and kudos to you for lending your talents!

A very caring a generous gesture on your part, Russell.

Good on you!

Great story and pot Russell.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

good on you Russell!!! Adorable hunny pot!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Now that's way cool right there!

Sweet, Russell, in more ways than one! :^)
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2