Thread: Urn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Urn

We just got back from my wife's brothers services. I was called at the last minute because the family decided to have me turn a burial urn. There was no way to do it with green wood so decided to make a staved piece out of kiln dried 1 X walnut. They called me to ask on Sunday the 5th and the service was Saturday the 11th. So this one was quick but made with a lot of thought and love. It is walnut. The inside diameter is 7 1/4" and it is 8" tall. Probably could have went slightly smaller but didn't want to take a chance since we were driving 200 miles. Anyway it has a lacquer finish after being sanded to 600 grit and I burned a band on the top and bottom. The other problem I had is I had no wood that would take threads well and definitely the walnut wouldn't. So improvised and use pvc threads. Wish I had went with black abs now. I wish I would have had more time but they thought it was brilliant and all loved the piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.