Durango or Bust!!

So here's my planned route from Houston to Durango

290 to 36
    36 to 84 Lubbock
    84 to I-40 Albuquerque
    I-25 to 550

Anyone every take this route or any suggestions? Est time 19hrs
    13" fresh powder in the last 24hrs! I'm ready now! Leaving tomorrow PM

Why Durango? If you really want snow drive a little further to Telluride!

Greg,

I have driven this a few times so here is my suggestion:

Lubbock to Amarillo which is on I-40. I-40 west to Clines Corner. North at Clines Corner to I-25. I-25 South to Santa Fe. Highway 285 North from Santa Fe which connects to Highway 84 south of Espanola. Take 84 west from Espanola which will take you to Chama. Follow 84 to Pagosa Springs where it intersects with Hiway 160. Take 160 west to Durango. Pagosa Springs is about 60 miles east of Durango. Shorter and faster than I-25 to 550 as 550 will take you to Aztec, NM and you are still 30 miles from Durango. Suggested route is much more scenic than the one you suggest. How do I know this? I live in Pagosa Springs!!!!

Exactly the way we went Steve! I-40 was shut down Wednesday morning in Albuquerque so a trucker suggested this route he said 550 was nothing to look at and we would like this better.. We stopped in pagosa springs for lunch at A small diner right inside the town. Don't remember the name but it was in small strip center with a dollhouse/ antique store next too it. It was an awesome drive! On the slopes today and tomorrow probably tubing for the kids!
    Steve you live in an amazing part of the country!