View Poll Results: How many hours do you spend in your woodshop each day?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 hour

89 28.16%
  • 2 hours

81 25.63%
  • 3 hours

55 17.41%
  • 4 hours

35 11.08%
  • 5 hours

20 6.33%
  • 6+ hours

36 11.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours in your shop each time?

Blog Entries

How many hours in your shop each time?

im just curious to know how many hours everyone spends
    in their woodshop each day???

How much time is in a day??? Hah!

Usually 1-3 for me unless it's a day where I am working from home. I'm a Network Engineer and about 2 days a week on a good week I get to work from home. I put my laptop inside a cabinet drawer and hook it up to a set of speakers so I can hear if I get an email and I will be in the shop for about 6-10 hours if I can. With breaks of course to refresh with a nice big glass of Dr. Pepper, the other coffee!
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Blog Entries
    I selected 2 hours. I spend 1-2 hours each day after work (although I skip some days, like today for example) and about 10 split between Saturday and Sunday. I had a "forced" week off while LOML did not . . . I almost slept out there ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I voted three, but that comes with caveat of "three on the days I make it into the shop".
    Ive got a 3 year old and a 1 year old - so making it out every day is almost impossible. I probably average 8 hours a week.
    Proud to Hate Michigan Athletics Since 1981

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't go to the shop everyday because it takes an hour to heat up with an electric heater. Usually I wait until I have 3-4 hours of work planned out, or, if I just want to clean up for an hour I skip the heat part and bundle up.

Andrew

I voted for 3, but that is not honest. When I CAN spend time in the shop, more than a few minutes, it is 3 hours or so. But typically, I can go in, piddle around for less than a half hour, and get back to other stuff around the house...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I said 4 based on a weekly average. Weekdays I might only get an hour or two, weekends can be 8+ per day, especially if I'm trying to get something done by a deadline!

I chose 3 hours each time, but that's about twice a week at night; after putting my little daughter to bed. The rest of the nights are enjoyable quiet time with my wife and weekends are family time!

Three hours twice a week forces me to plan ahead, so I can make the most out of that time and get right to work as soon as get into the shop.

Lately it's a few hours once or twice after work and I will get anywhere from 5 on Saturday and a few on Sunday.

It mostly depends on what the Boss has on the agenda.

It depends on how I feel. If things are going well and I'm making progress on my project I will stay all day. But if I'm having a bad day (making mistakes) I quit and go do something else. But usually I spend 3 hours a day in the shop.

I surprised myself by putting in 3... I usually get in there around 8:30, after putting the kids to bed... and lately I have been working to 11:30 or so. Sometimes even midnight or later, but that is rare. I have to down a few cokes to keep me going. Somehow it seems like less than 3, but that is how the math works out.

I also spend a few Saturday and Sunday afternoons while the kids nap, but that is also only about 3 hours... wish it could be more, but my wife has been complaining about Friday and Sat nights.

At least 2 every day after work, and at least 16 on the weekends, except during phesant hunting season then it's only 4 or 5 each weekend. I still don't get anything done! Think I'll take Friday off....
    The Plane Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Betsch View Post
    At least 2 every day after work, and at least 16 on the weekends, except during phesant hunting season then it's only 4 or 5 each weekend. I still don't get anything done! Think I'll take Friday off....
    Leigh, that's hilarious..........Rod.

Blog Entries
    i go out around noon and start my heaters, come back in and mess around on the net or take a nap (serious insomniac so i sleep whenever i can) and go back out in an hour or
    two and work for anywhere from 2 - 4 hours. weekends i go out a little earlier and stay till late afternoon.

i havent been out as much the past two weeks as i have been watching Winter Olympics but now that it is about over i will get back on schedule.

People actually work in the workshop on weekday nights? I didn't even know that was an option. I probably average 5 hours on a Saturday OR Sunday at best. Young kids severely affect shop time. Wouldn't trade it for anything 'though.

-Todd
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. - Thomas Jefferson