Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese laser purchase/Shenui/Laserworks tips and tricks thread

LaserMate Software. Hey folks. Got my machine up and running. A question about Lastermate 5.2. When I import a bmp file the image it does not come in at the size I save it at. Say I use photoshop and put the dimension in at 120mm x 120mm. When I bring in the image it pull it up at a much larger size. I then have to resize the image back to 120mm. Or whatever size I saved it at. Any ideas how to have the image come in at the size it was saved at? Thanks.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    LaserMate Software. Hey folks. Got my machine up and running. A question about Lastermate 5.2. When I import a bmp file the image it does not come in at the size I save it at. Say I use photoshop and put the dimension in at 120mm x 120mm. When I bring in the image it pull it up at a much larger size. I then have to resize the image back to 120mm. Or whatever size I saved it at. Any ideas how to have the image come in at the size it was saved at? Thanks.
    It happened to me about 5 years ago, when first foison laser machines started arriving. There are two types of BMP corel exported to, OS BMP and Windows BMP, one of them did the trick, still can't remember which one, but it can't be too hard to try them out.

Hermes Sandoval.

3. Hello Guys I to are new to this and i am wanting to know if anybody has any idea how to setup artwork in coreldraw X5, AI cs6 or lasercut 5.3 to use my pass-through on my machine. my machine is 1200 x 900 mm and a job i have is and must be 1220 x 900 mm so to do this i need to use my pass-through. I have tried to stuff over the internet but nothing, so i thought i would try here. I have tried to cut it in half but trying to line it up when cutting doesn't work to well, i used to use a program called multicad for my CNC router and when my diagrams were bigger then machine it automatically did a pass-though setup so it would just cut to table size then i had to move it, this is what i am trying to do with my laser machine.

Hope someone can help us out or lead me on the right path.

Regards:
    Allan

4. I got a gravograph laser system with a few parts missing;

It's CPU fried so I'm thinking to replace it with a dsp from lightobject.com

One stepper broke, its a sanyo denki 1.8" DC4A, I got another one with DC 3.2A, anyone knows if it can work?

The CPU's power supply is alive and well, I'm thinking about using it with the chinese DSP, they have the same power specs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hermes Sandoval.

What model is the system? ideally you need matched steppers, using one that is different can cause problems.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    What model is the system? ideally you need matched steppers, using one that is different can cause problems.

cheers

Dave
    The system is (was) a gravograph LS600, so I have the full stage, cables, sensors, motors (except X axis) belts, full optics, solid state relay and CPU power supply.

The spare motor I have is completely the same, except for the 3.2 amps vs 4.0 amps difference

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Sandoval View Post
    The system is (was) a gravograph LS600, so I have the full stage, cables, sensors, motors (except X axis) belts, full optics, solid state relay and CPU power supply.

The spare motor I have is completely the same, except for the 3.2 amps vs 4.0 amps difference
    The motors are typically smaller on the gantry axis (usually identified as X axis), so your smaller current rating should be fine. The Y axis must move the gantry while the X axis only needs to move the laser focus assembly.

I just purchased two gravograph units, LS200 and LS900. The LS900 still has the motors, but I have not picked them up yet so do not know the specs.

I plan to replace the controls.

Hi Clark,

A suggestion is that you have a copy of the FDA letter from your supplier, to make sure it is smooth sailing through customs.

Shenhui G460

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you very much. I've really learned a lot reading through several threads. I've decided to buy the Shenhui G460 and already got the machine. I have not powered it on yet since I am still trying to figure out a couple of things.

Based on what I've read here and saw on youtube, it seems that the machine has changed over time.
    • Air assist - I don't even know where the air is blown. But Shenhui support said that orange tube is the air assist.

• Work table - There are blades that I have to insert first on the table before I could put the honeycomb on top.

• Z-axis. The Z-Axis is changed from "regular" belt to a chain.

• The installation of the laser tube has been simplified. I just have to join 2 wires and 2 tubes. Unlike what I saw on youtube where the wires has to be rolled on both ends.

Here are my questions:

1. What should be the distance between the laser tube and the mirror?2. It seems that the rubber tube is tight enough to fit on the laser tube. Do I really need to use the silicon sealant? If I need to use the silicone sealant, how many hours should I wait for it to dry?
    3. There are 2 "220V Output" which I believe where I should plug the water pump & air pump. Is it also okay if I don't plug them in these laser machine plugs? My plan is to plug them in a different power outlet.4. Is there any sequence on what to power on first?
    a. water pump
    b. air pump
    c. exhaust fan blower
    d. lastly laser machine

Hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks,
    JJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Joshua;
    1. Not critical- should be 1" to 1.5"
    2. No sealant needed if tubes fit tight-check for leaks after turning on water pump/cooler.
    3. No need to use provided outlets
    4. Water pump, laser, then exhaust and air at start of job
    Good Luck
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts
    *twin 80 watt Shenhui 1280
    *60 watt Laserpro Mercury -42ips
    *(2) 30 watt Laserpro Venus-42 ips
    *whole bunch of woodworking/metalworking machines
    *128 screwdrivers (all needed)
    *wonderful wife (1st) of 53 years who allows me to collect screwdrivers

Hi Joshua;
    1. Not critical- should be 1" to 1.5"
    2. No sealant needed if tubes fit tight-check for leaks after turning on water pump/cooler.
    3. No need to use provided outlets
    4. Water pump, laser, then exhaust and air at start of job
    Good Luck
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts
    *twin 80 watt Shenhui 1280
    *60 watt Laserpro Mercury -42ips
    *(2) 30 watt Laserpro Venus-42 ips
    *whole bunch of woodworking/metalworking machines
    *128 screwdrivers (all needed)
    *wonderful wife (1st) of 53 years who allows me to collect screwdrivers

Wow! that was quick!
    Thank you so much George!

Water pump, laser, then exhaust and air at start of job
    As I understand, the water pump and then the laser machine itself should be turned on first.
    And before I start cutting, I have to turn on the exhaust first and then the air pump.

Sorry if I sound silly (things that are already obvious) but I just want to make sure everything is in place before I turn on this lovely thing

Regards,
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua John Cruz View Post
    Wow! that was quick!
    Thank you so much George!

As I understand, the water pump and then the laser machine itself should be turned on first.
    And before I start cutting, I have to turn on the exhaust first and then the air pump.

Sorry if I sound silly (things that are already obvious) but I just want to make sure everything is in place before I turn on this lovely thing

Regards,
    JJ

Finally, I was able to make my first cut with my Shenhui G460. Thanks to all! And thanks to Shenhui's support Yarde Feng. He is really very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by walter hofmann View Post
    Hi all
    I discovered that there must be something not exact from the machine hardware sett up.
    thats where I started and my feeling was right it started with the tube who was not exactly set, then adjusting all the mirrors, squaring all the rails and the gantry.
    but I had a hard time explaine all this to my buddys I made a series of picture for all what I have done like they say " a picture is more then a tousand words" and everybody got it right a way.

now the question is to post this picture series here ( thes are 26picture) or not , what do you say?

greetings
    walt

I am really excited for this section, all that took me years to figure out.
    My characters are not as sharp as they should be, I think it because the rails and the tube are out of alignment.
    I dont know how to align them, Perhaps I can get the pictures from you?

Also, on another note, where is the best place to get the lenses?
    Mr C.

Why would you replace the controls?
    If you dont need the bridge, I would buy it from you.
    I have a ls900
    Mr C.