Thread: Just sayin'...

Just sayin'...

Placed an order with PSI and one with Woodcraft on Saturday the 11th. Woodcraft order GOT here Tuesday. PSI just notified me that the order was SHIPPED...today, Thursday.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I have been so spoiled by Amazon Prime that it's hard to order from anyone else online. Just ordered a chisel from Lie Nielsen today and it's on backorder. Are the trying to kill me? First world problems!

LOL "mail order" used to be measured in WEEKS now if we don't have a confirmation of shipping within 2 hours we get nervous. As Eric said 1st world problems.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I have purchased several things from PSI over the years. I just don't purchase things from them that I need yesterday. They have never been know for their speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    LOL "mail order" used to be measured in WEEKS now if we don't have a confirmation of shipping within 2 hours we get nervous. As Eric said 1st world problems.
    Thats so true. I remember as a kid, ordering a radio via mail order. I waited for weeks for the big brown truck to pull up in the driveway. No email confirmation, just wait. Not so in todays standards.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

We can research, and agonize, and cogitate, and wait ... for 2yrs to buy something, but ... once we click "CONFIRM ORDER," the time it takes for whatever it is to arrive ... is an eternity.
    He's no fun. He fell right over !

Funny, but this thread is going in a different direction than I had intended...but I don't care. My point was that the Woodcraft order actually got here two days before the PSI order was even shipped out...
    I drink, therefore I am.

I don't have a largs enough statistical universe for anyone to put much stock in this, but from my limited personal experience with PSI, they are kind of like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. The good occasion I had to deal with them, they were super polite and helpful. The less than good occasion they were rude, dismissive, and full of excuses. The good experience, I was working with a lady, the bad was some guy. I'm not suggesting that if a guy answers that you should immediately hang up and call back later...that what I do...but I'm not suggesting it <g>.

Blog Entries
    Companies like PSI only ship once or twice a week... the filled boxes pile up, then the truck arrives to pick it all up. I could do the same, but I found it just as easy to throw stuff in the car and drive it over to FedEx just a few miles away...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Companies like PSI only ship once or twice a week... the filled boxes pile up, then the truck arrives to pick it all up. I could do the same, but I found it just as easy to throw stuff in the car and drive it over to FedEx just a few miles away...
    Thats because you care...
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    UPS picks up everyday for virtually nothing and I get a cheaper shipping rate because I have daily pickup so in reality daily pick up saves me money so I do not know why PSI would only ship a couple times per week, unless they are to short handed to actually package items everyday?
    Thank You
    Ed

Do we KNOW that PSI ships on certain days, or is that just a "maybe they only ship on certain days" kinda thing...?
    I drink, therefore I am.

I was on my way to bed late one night and stopped to check my e-mail. Found a deal on a Incra miter gauge from Amazon so I placed an order. No kidding the package was on my door step when I got up the next morning. I did not have prime, just regular super saver (free) shipping. Must have been a slow order night at Amazon.

If I order from Woodcraft before 2pm I have my stuff next day. Kinda makes a trip to the local store (1/2 hr away) unnecessary.

I don't understand the UPS thing with PSI. I use to work a dock at a large retailer. The UPS truck stopped every after noon to see if we had any packages to ship out. 25% of the time we did not.
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 02-18-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale