Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharpening Lenox Tri-Master bandsaw blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holbrook View Post
    Robert, sorry I just saw this post. As it turns out, just up the road from Charlotte, in Hickory, is Hickory Saw and Tool, they sharpen those blades, at least they did one for me a few years back.

Perry
    Perry, thanks for the tip... And a local resource at that...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert LaPlaca View Post
    Ben, as far as Lenox's claim of ruining the blade after resharpening, well in my view the dull resaw blade is very dangerous for the user and is already 'ruined', so the worse I could do is needlessly spend money on attempting to sharpen the blade..I will say that I will now think about 10X over before spending $220 for another Tri-Master, said another way the Laguna Resaw King and other resharpenable carbide bandsaw blades are sounding better and better to me..

Robert,
    If possible would give us an update when you get it back from Suffolk Machinery? I'm sure we'd all like to hear of your experience. You are correct, it's no good as it is so why not. And as you mentioned you'll be out the money if it doesn't work out.

regards
    Ben

I live in a county with 12 sawmills. Right at the California/Oregon border. One guy in Redding California sharpened tools for me and does circular blades for most of the mills. But he advised me to throw away old bandsaw blades and buy new ones. The mills themselves mostly use bandsaws for ripping logs and they have to shut down and sharpen every 4 hours. But they do it themselves.

With home users it is just cheaper to buy a new blade. And if yours are impact hardened or carbide, just take satisfaction in knowing it lasted as long as it did.