Thread: Anyone have a General International model 10-810 CF Cyclone DC?

Anyone have a General International model 10-810 CF Cyclone DC?

Just curious to hear if anyone has one and how they like it? I know General of Canada tools are very good quality. Had the model 350 TS at one time. Not sure about General International tools? How does the 10-810 compare to Oneida or other top end DC's? Thanks, Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tim young; 02-18-2012 at 3:18 PM.

I only know what I've read so not actual experience. Likely sourced in Taiwan. Good specs for 3 hp unit. Cyclone is shorter than I like and from what I could spot on the web it seems priced high at $2300+. You want to check out the motor as that is where manufacturers vary. Would take an Oneida over it. Clearvue is good value. Used Commercial Torit, Aget, Dustkopp are my favorites- for what little that is worth. Dave

Thank you David... I found a used one that is a couple years old. The guy is asking $1200. On a used Torit, Aget or Dustkopp what models would work well in a home shop? Thanks, Tim

Tim, 1200 isn't bad if the cartridge is still good and the motor hasn't been run real hard. As to commercial units, you need to understand that I prefer three phase motors for collectors so I consider single phase a negative. I run mine with a vfd so I can monitor the amp draw when used and adjust the speed of the fan to maximise the CFM. Dustkopp and Torit are basically the same and at some point Torit bought DK out. Torit makes a 20-3 and 20-5 that have 3 and 5 hp motors respectively. Since they tend to be older they are running filter bags rather than cartridges so if you want the cartridge you need to add that. I like the cloth filters as they clean more easily but since they take a lot of room I use both- 4 12"x8' tubes and one Oneida 13x39 cartridge. Really comes down to what you need. The Torit cyclone is a 20" diameter with a long cone so it is similar in design to the Clearvue and good for both chips and dust. Shorter cyclones MAY send more fine dust to the filters which complicates your life. Depends on the cyclone. Clearvue runs an 18" cyclone. Their regular cyclone is a good design for a 3 hp 14" impeller unit although they sell the 5 hp motor and 15" impeller for some extra zoom. If going the 5 hp route I prefer the Max cyclone or one with an 8" inlet and 10" outlet- even with the 15 rather than 16" impeller. Doesn't make it right, just my preference. In a perfect world I would take parts from different systems and marry them but I tend to swim against the stream. Dave

I would agree on the 3 phase tools. My TS, Planer and jointer are all 3 phase. But I only have a 7.5 HP phase converter to run them. I can run the TS and Jointer at the same time w/o issue. But have not tried to run the planer and TS at the same time. I was looking online and found a nice Torit. I sent a guy an email to find out more about it. Tim