Thread: Woodcraft discounts

Woodcraft discounts

I'm about to go with the Rikon 10-325 BS as Woodcraft has their sale in early March. When I talked to them (locally) they said that tools are discounted 10%. I've noticed in past posts about Woodcraft's discounts that they seemed to be 15%. I'll ask about that but in the meantime has it been 15% previously?

Thanks,
    Mike Hamilton

I ran into my local Woodcraft guy at the Milwaukee woodworking show the other day and he told me the sale runs through March 4. I'm considering the Rikon mini-lathe. He says that discounts may go to 15% depending on the manufacturer, but didn't have his discount list with him at the show.

Larry

15% is the discount. The 20% was a "special" special apparently only at selected location.

I'm looking at getting a Rikon as well. I accidentally swept the sales flyer into the trash before reading it. What are the exact dates of the sale and what's the restriction on it?

Are those in-store discounts or online too?

The dates for my local store is the weekend of Mar 3-4, maybe Friday. I asked them about the still unannounced sale over a week ago and they offered to take my order right there, right now. So I'll just give them a call when my wife gives the OK (oops!)

I'm guessing this is a retail store discount or at least you'd have to pay for shipping and maybe something called a "heavy freight surcharge"? Check their website.

In any case the price quoted is $799 for the 10-325, a 16% discount.

Is this the Rikon sale on the weekend of Mar 3-4, or a local store sale? I am also in the market for a Rikon bandsaw, and am waiting for the semi-annual sale to come along. I don't have the March flyer yet, and there's nothing on the web site.

I'm just pissed I threw away the March flyer. At the time it came in, I wasn't thinking of buying anything. Now I want the Rikon 305 and I don't recall what was in the flyer about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Williams View Post
    I'm just pissed I threw away the March flyer. At the time it came in, I wasn't thinking of buying anything. Now I want the Rikon 305 and I don't recall what was in the flyer about it.

You can view the flyer online on the Woodcraft website.
    War Eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hyman View Post
    You can view the flyer online on the Woodcraft website.
    Not exactly. The one on the website is the one that is about to end. The one I threw away was for next month's sales, which is when the Rikon might be on sale.

My flyer that came in the mail today says:

March 2nd & 3rd 10% off power tools, excluding Tormek, Sawstop, Festool and Powermatic Onyx tools.

March 9-18 15% off select Jet and Powermatic tools, excluding Vortex dust collectors and Onyx machines.

Rikon bandsaws 10-325 for $799.99 (normally $949.99) and 10-345 for $1099.99 (normally $1499.99). I am not seeing a date for the Rikon sale other than the overall flyer date of 4 March through 30 March.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Hendrix View Post

March 2nd & 3rd 10% off power tools, excluding Tormek, Sawstop, Festool and Powermatic Onyx tools.

March 9-18 15% off select Jet and Powermatic tools, excluding Vortex dust collectors and Onyx machines.

Rikon bandsaws 10-325 for $799.99 (normally $949.99) and 10-345 for $1099.99 (normally $1499.99). I am not seeing a date for the Rikon sale other than the overall flyer date of 4 March through 30 March.
    Wayne, thank you for posting that. So it looks like if I'm getting the 305, I can do it on the 2nd or 3rd and get just 10% off. Hey, it offsets tax and that's better than nothing!

This pretty much sums it up. The Rikon bandsaws will be on sale during the specified time frame of March 4th thru the 30th. However, if you would like to spend a bit more, you can buy it on sale for 10% off Friday and Saturday.LOL! If any of you live in the Knoxville TN area, give me a call at the Knoxville Woodcraft and we will get you one set aside. 865-539-9330

Just as an aside, anything advertised in the sales flyer, is a national sale. Both internet and retail. Keep in mind though that the stores are franchise stores and buying on-line doesn't help us keep the doors open!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Hendrix View Post

Thanks for the info guys. I don't seem to have gotten the March flyer yet, but I definitely will be catching this sale.