Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purple TruStone Pen and Tutorial

Great video!! I learned a bunch of new techniques that will make my pen turning life easier in the future.

Thanks all for the kind words.

There are a lot of techniques demonstrated in the video.
    Some are very familiar, some not so obvious.

So I'm curious
    • What little tidbits did you pick up from the tutorial?
    • How do my tools and techniques differ from your current procedures?
    Let's chat about the many paths to the same destination... and the choices that lead us down those paths
    Last edited by Alan Zenreich; 02-21-2012 at 8:56 AM.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Alan,

Thank you for this thread and posting the video, I turned my first pen last Sunday at the Milwaukee woodworking show and had a great time doing it, will not be my last pen for sure.

Heather
    Last edited by Heather Thompson; 02-22-2012 at 2:58 PM.
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Oh Heather... now you're hooked <s>

I turned my first pen at a woodworking show in Somerset NJ a few years ago.

I'll be demonstrating offset/eccentric pendant (jewelry) woodturning at the Somerset show this coming Saturday at the Hudson Valley Woodturners' booth. We're generally locate right across from the Crafts Supplies USA booth, so I get to watch folk turn pens all day.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs