Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sliding table

todd, i've never changed the angle. the miter gauge on the exactor is alright but i doubt it's as good as your incra. it's good enough if you eyeball it like me but if you want it perfect down to the last millimeter you probably won't be happy since adjustment is limited to coarse movements.

I have the Jessem on my Sawstop and like it because it doesn't require floor support and I can still use my mobile base. It works well and is accurate, but it was a bear to get it aligned.....

I have the laguna sliding table on my Jet and am, quite happy with it. I did not remove the left wing so had to drill it and made an open oak frame to connect the two as the rail for the fence extended past the wing.

Does anyone have the Grizzly slider attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Foster View Post
    Yes, see this thread on another forum

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com...ble-Attachment

Tim

Exaktor and Excalibur, they look very much alike. Are they the same?

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    todd, i've never changed the angle. the miter gauge on the exactor is alright but i doubt it's as good as your incra. it's good enough if you eyeball it like me but if you want it perfect down to the last millimeter you probably won't be happy since adjustment is limited to coarse movements.
    Thanks Frank, I'd really like to find a slider with an idiot-proof miter gauge. The Exaktor/Excalibur look really nice. I would like to have precise/repeatable miter capability.

I've got the Jessem sliding table. I've used it to miter and it works very well. Wait until Rockler has one of their 25% off sales. That's when I bought mine.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Foster View Post
    Jim, the grizzly sliding table is exactly the same as the one Laguna is selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    I've got the Jessem sliding table. I've used it to miter and it works very well. Wait until Rockler has one of their 25% off sales. That's when I bought mine.
    The Jessem table was discontinued some time ago. Word is it will be back, but nobody knows when.