Thread: Thanks to JK

Thanks to JK

I called JK and ask if I could try out his Monster system. So yesterday I spent a couple of hours doing the inside of a lidded box for the Beads of Courage project the BAW is doing. Taking it down to 1/8 wall thickness. Thanks again to John for his help.
    So I guess I will order one next week.
    073.jpg074.jpg Ambrosia Maple
    Rex

very nice, Rex, is it true the curlies magically disapear upon leaving the tool in JK's shop

where is the button to activate the force field

Quote Originally Posted by charlie knighton View Post
    very nice, Rex, is it true the curlies magically disapear upon leaving the tool in JK's shop

where is the button to activate the force field
    No he made me clean it up the whole shop when I was done! Ha! Ha!
    Rex

Rex looks great and like you got the hang of the tool pretty quickly.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Guinn View Post
    You can come by and use mine anytime... I could use a good shop cleaning!

X2 on Doc's comment.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

When I talked with John yesterday morning - he mentioned that you were coming over to try out his Monster rig. I just laughed... well, that means Randy is going to be getting another order!! I bet you had a lot of fun!

The lidded box looks pretty good! Nice form and really nice looking wood! Be sure to post a photo or two of it once it is finished!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Guinn View Post
    The Keeton shop functions under the "leave it cleaner than you found it" rule. I had done the "white glove" inspection before Rex arrived, but he thought it was a little much when I pulled out the toothbrush and whisk broom for him to use in cleaning up the shop!?!?!? I didn't understand the problem, but tolerated him using the broom!

Rex caught on to the Monster like a hog in mud. Of course, he had hollowed most of the form by hand, along with other previous turnings, so he had a good sense of cutter placement. The laser will make a HUGE difference for him, and his shoulders and elbows will sure appreciate the Monster when he gets it.

Thanks for coming over, Rex!