Thread: Fuego

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fuego

This was a recent demo piece that I did It is a fairly small piece at a hair under 4 3/4" buy about 4" and a 1/8" thick. The finish is CA.

Being productive in my turning has been very tough lately as my business has been very good. While that is nice this is generally my most productive time of year for my turning. This year it has not been.

The wood is a piece of mistletoe burled Osage Orange. I had never seen this happen with Osage before but was in North Texas last year and saw some in a tree. The owner of the tree trimmed them out of the tree for me. What is interesting about the piece of wood is that it did not oxidize like oasage usually does. It is just as yellow as it was when it was cut/turned a month ago. Maybe the way the mistletoe reacted with the wood may have something to do with it. But I am not sure.

The resin is red and gold poured together.

This is kind of a dumpy little form but I like it. It is very thin and translucent so I left the opening a bit larger than I normally do. It really does attract people to look inside which was the point.

The photos does not do it justice. When you see it the piece almost looks like it is on fire. So I decided I would name it "Fuego"

Thanks for looking, Cheers and jeers are always welcome.

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images