Thread: Barnwood wine cabinet

Barnwood wine cabinet

Hello,

I am considering building a barnwood wine storage cabinet for a client, something 24" wide by 90 inches tall. I was thinking of dividing the cabinet with roughly one third having a couple drawers, and to top section to feature individual bottle storage spaces. The cabinet will fit into a nook in the wall, so the front and insides (in the upper section) will all have to be grey barnwood.

The initial questions I am up against are having to build a cabinet entirely out of solid lumber, where I normally use sheet goods for large panels in order to minimize movement problems. This would indicate a frame and panel construction method, but I would be curious to see if anyone out there has any great ideas for constructing this kind of cabinet.

Thanks for your input!

A quick response - the sides could be glued up boards and the horizontals could be let into the sides with sliding dovetails. Frame and panel works too, of course, but you then have a different construction for the horiz. to the sides. Maybe the sides sit on the horiz. I have examples but those for a more thorough post if you need. Now it's bedtime...
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge