Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I sell my band saw??

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    All in jest, well kinda.
    HaHaHaHaHa!

Sold my Delta 14" BS after I got my LT18. Did'nt take me long to miss the smaller machine. I eventually got the Rikon 10" benchtop machine that has a 1/4" blade for the small stuff. I can use 1/4" blades on the Laguna machine, but the blade guide setting dance gets old quick.

My bandsaw is probably the last power tool I'd sell. I have the Jet 14" with riser equipped with 1/2" 3 tpi blade and a nine-inch Ryobi bench top with a 1/4" blade. Saves a lot of blade changing to have two. Space, of course, is a real consideration.

I have a 36" Yates American w 1.25" blade and 7/8" spacing, dedicated to breaking down small logs and lg timbers. A Laguna 16 with a carbide blade, dedicated to veneering and other fine wook. A Delta 14" w 1/8" blade for small detail work, and a 10" Rockwell [old] for general work with a 1/4" blade.
    I would not get rid of any of them.

I bought a 14" Rikon that I use for a variety of tasks and periodically have to change blades (mostly 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4). Then I bought the 10" Rikon to keep a 1/8" blade for small cutting. As soon as law school is paid off for my daughter in another year I will be buying the biggest, most expensive band saw I can afford with a carbide blade for resawing short logs. And yes I will be keeping the other two in my two car garage show. I do not like changing the blade to make one cut and then having to change it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kincaid View Post
    Great advice and I agree.
    -Brian
    Ditto. Use the jet for curves n joinery and the laguna for the heavy, straight line work