Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mutt Muffs

Sweet tea in a mayonaise jar. And a protected dog posing in front of a massive chunk of wood. Fun times in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Pennington View Post
    That is one truly SERIOUS shop table!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott T Smith View Post
    <grin> It's definitely pretty stout... weighs around 1000 lbs and contains over 200 board feet of white oak.
    I'll say. My thoughts were echoing Gary's. Wow, that is a serious work bench. Add a vice and a few dog holes and that beast would not budge at all no matter how hard you pushed on the plane, or wacked on the mallet.

But I'm also envious of all those windows. Do you have a shop tour thread up here somewhere? Is that an industrial area building? I can't quite make out what is through the windows, but it looks tall!

...art
    "It's Not About You."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Now he is trying to use the govt to force all pets to wear them.
    He wouldn't be a lawyer that invented a certain table saw, would he?
    Force people to buy them? That's just plain wrong.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jolly View Post
    I don't have a dog, but my son does. The problem with the mutt muffs is that his dog would get them off and eat'em. The dog is mostly Australian Cattlehound and has to be the most stupid and stubborn dog I have ever seen. Loyal as all get out, but he really defines stupid. The worst part is that the dog eats EVERYTHING. He has destroyed hundreds of dollars worth of stuff and he is still a puppy. The mutt muffs would just be an appetiser for that dog. :-)

Wayne
    Herding dogs need jobs. He needs something to keep him busy. Border Collie / Australian Shepherd (Bossy Collie) owner here.

Nice malinois!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Sweet tea in a mayonaise jar. And a protected dog posing in front of a massive chunk of wood. Fun times in the shop.
    Mike, it doesn't get much better than that, eh? <grin>

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Nice malinois!

She's a keeper! We got her from a rescue org in Florida about two years ago and she’s become my sidekick here on the farm. Belgian Malinois are fairly "high maintenance" though, definitely not a good "apartment dog".

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    I'll say. My thoughts were echoing Gary's. Wow, that is a serious work bench. Add a vice and a few dog holes and that beast would not budge at all no matter how hard you pushed on the plane, or wacked on the mallet.

But I'm also envious of all those windows. Do you have a shop tour thread up here somewhere? Is that an industrial area building? I can't quite make out what is through the windows, but it looks tall!

...art
    Art, I don't think that I have a shop tour post on SMC; I need to clean up the shop and take some pix and post them. Windows are definitely great in a shop!

The shop is in a pole barn that I built on my farm. The building that you see through the window is a 110 year old log cabin tobacco barn that is adjacent to the shop. One of my future projects is to convert it into an office.

This particular "bench" is one that I use for both layout as well as whacking on things inside the woodshop. Although I have an anvil in a metal working shop here on the farm (different building), there are times that I need whack something and I prefer not to do that on my woodworking bench. The wood block serves that purpose well.