Thread: 1989 Delta UniSaw

1989 Delta UniSaw

Hi All
    A guy at work bought a used a Uni from a cabinet shop. During the conversation it turns out there is no right side CI extension wing. The whole right side is a partical board/laminate extension.

I'm not a uni guy but I assume the CI right wing was not an option? Or could it have been ordered with the laminate extension with out the CI wing?

I thought I'd ask around here before he contacts the seller

Thanks Dan
    Last edited by Dan Lee; 02-28-2012 at 4:15 PM.

It's not uncommon to see a Unisaw sold without the right extension wing if it has an extended rip fence and table on the right side. That way the extension butts up against the main table without any rounded corners.

Replacement wings aren't difficult to find or particularly expensive. Any wing from 1939 on will fit, also a wing from a HD shaper.

Dan
    FYI my 1992 Delta-Uni saw with 52" Biesemeyer Fence System does not have the RH wing. Tom

mine too

Rick Potter

Mine 3 (1994)

Thanks for replies. Also just looked at an older manual and it shows no right wing when configured with long rails and extension table. Glad I asked, as both my cabinet saws came with the wing and extension table, he was starting to think he was short changed on the deal

When I ordered my Uni in '04, that was the best priced package. It came with the shorter rails and board, and adding the long rails still was the best deal. I had to build my own table board for the long rails, not a big deal.

My '90 Uni came with only left table extension - right side was melamine. One day at the saw shop I saw a right table extension, same as left but square corners, leaning against wall. Sales guy said someone picking up a new saw left it behind and sold it to me for 25 bucks. It makes a nice wide solid table and my sled slides smoothly - I'm glad I put it on.

The right extension is drilled and tapped on the right side so you can add more extensions.
    Last edited by John Gornall; 02-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.