Thread: Can't add photos, edit or delete a post using Safari

Can't add photos, edit or delete a post using Safari

Something changed just today. I cannot use Safari to edit posts, delete them or add photos. I can create a post in Safari but the tool bar for adding images, urls etc just does not appear. When I attempt to edit I can type in the changes but when I click the "Save" button, nothing happens. Also, line breaks are not recognized. To demonstrate I will copy the text of this post and submit it using Safari.

I have rebooted the computer and it made no difference. FireFox however works just fine.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Something changed just today. I cannot use Safari to edit posts, delete them or add photos. I can create a post in Safari but the tool bar for adding images, urls etc just does not appear. When I attempt to edit I can type in the changes but when I click the "Save" button, nothing happens. Also, line breaks are not recognized. To demonstrate I will copy the text of this post and submit it using Safari.I have rebooted the computer and it made no difference. FireFox however works just fine.
    Gerber Sabre 408

Rich,

I have an Imac in my office but I don't have time this morning to check out the problem. I will take a look this evening and see if I can reproduce the issue.
    Possibly a recent update to either our vBulletin software or Safari is the problem.

Perhaps this is contributing to my problem with adding attachments that I wrote about yesterday. I too am using Safari on an iMac .
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Rich,

I have Safari Version 5.1.3 (7534.53.10) on my iMac.

I did some testing and was able to upload pictures, post and create new threads without any problems. Basocally I was not able to reproduce the issue you have been experiencing with your browser.
    This post was made with Safari.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-01-2012 at 6:30 AM.

I have the exact same version of Safari.

However, now the problem has disappeared. I am posting this from Safari and all is well again.
    Gerber Sabre 408