Thread: elevated hf's

elevated hf's

Had some health problems of late that kept me from turning. Out of the hospital with a nice new heart stent and found myself full of energy but on limitations for a bit. The head -nurse-at-home allowed me as much shop time as I wanted as long as no wight lifting was on the agenda. I haven't turned any elevated hollow forms in about 5 years so I went on a tear with these. All are in the 12" high and from 4" to 7" in width range. 6 pieces in 4 days, felt good to get back at it. They are finished with tung oil and sitting on the mantle curing ahead of the buffer. I'll post better pic's once buffed and waxed.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Nice work Bill..........I especially like the second group as the base/pedestals are more proportional to my eye............glad you are on the mend, and your "nurse" is looking out for you. Give yourself some time, and ease back into it...........I like those darker forms with the light wood..........you always do very nice work. These are really nice.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Doesn't look like the layoff dimnished your turning skills any. Good job on all.
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Glad you're feeling better, Bill! These turnings are wonderful!

Bill, having recently gone through some of this, I pray for your quick recovery! Looks like it has given you renewed purpose with your turning - very nice looking pieces. I agree with Roger on the second set being the better, but all are very well done.

Follow your doctor's orders, but from my experience get back into the physical activity mode as quickly as possible and stay after it! My daily exercise routine is no longer a mundane burden - I do it to stay alive. That seems to make it a lot more interesting!

Hi Bill,
    Welcome to those of us with a second chance at life. Thank God for medical technology and smart doctors with great hand eye coordination.
    faust

Bill glad to hear you are getting better. Really nice looking pieces and must agree I like the second set better.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I like the second set better also. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.
    I was sad because I had no shoes,
    Then I saw a man who had no feet
    ================================
    If you do today what no one else will,
    You'll do tomorrow what no one else can