Thread: Laser engraving rubber stamps?!?!

Laser engraving rubber stamps?!?!

I have NEVER done this before and I have never even seen it done before, so I know nothing! I tried getting info about settings from the company and I was not very successful. I ordered the RUS001 from Laserbits and I don't even know where to begin. I know it needs to be reversed and "knocked out", not sure about proper terminology. I have for setting from another site; 100% power, 15 speed to engrave and to cut out 100% power and 20 speed. I am not even sure if there is a correct side to engrave on? Can anyone help me please and thank you!
    Gravograph LS100Ex 30 watt Laser

Annette

I'm quite sure your machine has a rubber stamp mode. If it does then the rubber stamp mode will adjust your artwork for you. You'll need to set your power and speed but start with a setting similar to what you would use for wood.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Here is a link to Laser bits rubber stamp stch sheet. it does not include power settings but give a good guide on how to do stamps.

http://www.laserbits.com/images/Lase...bberStamps.pdf

I ran several test pieces to get my settings correct. I even ran the image twice to get the recess I liked.

Regards
    GDG