Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny Names

I work with a really good engineer named Bucky Buckmaster.

Used to work with a gentleman named Bharat Contractor - he introduced me to Indian cuisine.

If I had a daughter I'd try to name her Jenna Rater but my wife would probably veto.

My parents knew someone whose maiden name was Bar. Her first name was Candy thus her name was Candy Bar. I have no idea why her parents thought that was a good name.

I was at a Cub Scout ceremony last night and I couldn't believe the first names of some of the kids. I have no idea where parents come up with some of the names these days.

I young lady where my wife works is named Amista Smith. Nobody thought twice about it until a gentleman with a southern accent called on the telephone and asked for her.

"Yes I'd like to speak to Amista Smith please"
    "What's his first name sir?"

There is a local chain of funeral homes here, named, owned, and operated by the "Cease" family.

4. I also did an award for a person named Brandon Caddle.
    Chuck
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    ULS M-360 50 Watt, Corel X3, Signlab 7.1, Photograv 2.0, Adobe CS3, Summa D-60, Sandblasting (for engraving Granite Monuments/Memorials)

I work with a lady whose name is April Furst. I thought it was a joke when first introduced. Some people refer to her as 4-1.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

The names say it all.

brokeback football.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I was picking a jury in Ventura Superior Court a bunch of years ago. The judge was doing the initial jury voir dire of name, occupation, prior jury service, length of time in the county, etc. The judge got to the 4th or 5th juror, who indcated his name was kenneth finger, and he was a doctor. The judge asked what type of doctor, and he responded "OB/GYN". The judge started to ask which local hospital he worked at, but before he could get half of the question out his female clerk burst out laughing (in an otherwise very serious courtroom). The laughter stunned everyone . . . . but suddenly the slow-witted rest of us got the humor. True story.
    Last edited by Patrick McCarthy; 03-03-2012 at 5:33 PM. Reason: clarification

Local GYN - Dr. Love
    Local ER doc - Dr. Jack Frost
    My cousin - Cinderella. (she married into the family)
    My good fried and occasional co worker - Richard Waite

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

a friend from school was named rosamunda trout and a teacher was named mr wankling ,rosa got a lot of ribbing about her name and the teacher attracted a lot of childish sniggering
    if mosquitos would only suck fat i'd be as lean as a racing snake

Of course there was the NASCAR driver Dick Trickle. I always thought Depends should be his sponsor.

A guy was our scout leader, Mr. Ford (who worked for Ford but was not related to Henry) said he always wanted to name a son Rusty.

The funny thing was we always teased Mr. Ford about how rich he must be as a Ford working for Ford but we had another leader, Mr. Knabusch who was two of the kids grandpa. This Mr. Knabusch which isn't funny but rather ironic and we really had no idea who he was at the time.

I know a realtor called albie shamess. Knew a dentist called dr Payne.
    Paul

Childhood dentist:
    Dr Payne

Blog Entries
    Oddest one I ever saw years ago was a name of the local department head in a major chain grocery store. Behind the meat counter was a sign reading "Oral Manlove, Head Meat Cutter". Oh, then there was Dr. Atchoo, but no, she wasn't an allergist.

Brazilian funny names....
    in portuguese .... http://algunsnomesestranhos.blogspot.com/
    translated by google .... http://translate.google.com.br/trans...com%2F&act=url

Smile

This one is the must
    And there the case of a maid, those simple, gave her daughter the name of Madeinusa. When a person's home was ask her the reason for the name, she replied innocently, I was just taking your clothes to wash and read the label of your shirt the word "Made in USA", I found it so beautiful ...