Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone ok?

Everyone ok?

Just wondering if fellow Creekers in the states affected by the tornados are OK?? Sure hope so. What a mess.
    I turn, therefore I am

We dodged another bullet here in the Lexington KY area, as for the second time this week most of the severe storms passed below the I-64 E~W boundry.

not affected here in the foothills of va, suppose to get good soaking tonight, wish for your safe deliverance in these times of weather upheavals

We are fine here in the Indy area; but the southern part of Indiana is not doing well. In the area of an east/west band between Scottsburg and Louisville the death count is approaching 15 the last I heard. At least one small town was flattened. My thoughts and prayers go out to those in the path of the twisters.
    Last edited by Ron Jones near Indy; 03-02-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I had an email from John Keeton... he and his family are doing fine. Storm went North of them. My heart goes out to all those affected by the storm system!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I do not know about southern Kentucky storm -wise but northern KY and the two states due north [Ohio & Indiana ]took a good hit from a number of twisters, the news stations starting their report about 3:00PM and they are still talking at 10:30 PM
    Last edited by ray hampton; 03-02-2012 at 10:36 PM.

this weather if un-real today. today at work was the first big storm . we heard the train sound people talk about hearing but missing us by a 1/2 mile but the wind was blowing 70 +. fast. after that i had enough of work and came home.lol..fast forward to the evening one storm, came 1hr before dark and some one saw the twister in that one . i was about two miles from the house. 11 pm now and i can still hear thunder outside . just hope everything will be ok tonight.

Way too close!!!

The town of Henryville is about 8 minutes\10 miles from my place and it is gone!!!! Flattened.. No more!! It was a rough day!!! I dodged a bullett today and am grateful!!! Thoughts and prayers to those just up the road from me please... Vince
    VincesWoodNWonders

I hope everyone is ok. It looks like Indiana and Ohio got hammered. Glad to hear you are ok Vince.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Hey Vince, sorry to hear how close that devastation was to you, but glad to hear it skirted you. Just an awful system...has me up later than normal just trying to get good visual of the path before going to sleep. Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by the storm.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

I'm glad to hear of Creekers that have dodged the bullet and thoughts and prayers go out to those not so fortunate and I hope the weather settles down tomorrow.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Lots of really bad weather missed us by a couple miles---------talk about being lucky.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

terrible storm. this morning the death toll was upto 31 and more bad weather predicted further east today. Keep an eye on the sky and say a prayer for those impacted.

We're here in Chattanooga and according to the weather folks and the radar we had one go right over the house. Heard some pretty hellacious wind for about 5 minutes at one point but that's all we noticed. Got a few limbs down and that sort of thing, but nothing big enough to turn yet, heh. Oh and the power went out for all of 5 minutes at one point, so not bad all things considered, had it out for 2 days last time we had the big storms.

New guy on here by the by, just been lurking for the most part, so hello folks.

Jon

Jon welcome to the creek. Sounds like you had a close one. Glad you and your family are ok. It might be a blessing that it didnt knock anything down large enough to turn.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author