Thread: Help with hinges

Help with hinges

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has seen or possibly know a source for this style of hinge. Redoing a kitchen and some need replaced. Would be nice and easy if I could just find a source to get replacement of these instead of using a different style on just a couple of doors.

Attached a few pics, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Phllips View Post
    Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has seen or possibly know a source for this style of hinge. Redoing a kitchen and some need replaced. Would be nice and easy if I could just find a source to get replacement of these instead of using a different style on just a couple of doors.

Attached a few pics, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I haven't used these in years. Used to be called pin hinges, now they seem to be called pivot hinges. They were made by Stanley. Here is the closest thing I could find. http://tinyurl.com/76ulyna A Google search for Youndale hinges will yield a similar hinge that is self-closing.

These appear to be closer http://tinyurl.com/7tj2lyj I can't speak for either source, these are just what I came up with by searching.

Tony
    Last edited by Tony Joyce; 03-05-2012 at 2:45 PM. Reason: Added info
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Thank you, those do look similar and will give them a shot. Never thought it would be this much of a struggle to find matching ones.

Thanks again for your help

Blog Entries
    Here's another link with several types that might work. Pivot Hinges or Youngdale

I think they were also called knife hinges.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 03-07-2012 at 9:29 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute