Thread: dust collection hose connector??

Question dust collection hose connector??

I use 4" flexible hose to connect to machines that are in the middle of my shop. Currently I have a friction fit connector on the hose. Unfortunately, sometimes the hose will slip off without me realizing it.

I did an Internet search and came up with a product called FAZLOK from woodworkers supply.

Has anyone used this product?

Does anyone know of a 4" version?

Rockler has some sort of fast hose connector thingy that comes in 4". I just ordered some, should be here on Friday. I can report back.
    Oh hell, I just orderd the 2 1/2 and 4" fazloks, I'll see how they work in comparison next week.
    Last edited by Ron Natalie; 03-07-2012 at 7:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    I went with the Rockler DustRight quick connect fittings, I like them.

4" Fazlok QD Fittings

Jesse,

I have used Fazlok 4" Quick Disconnect (QD) fittings with 4" flex hose for about 5 years. During those 5 years, I had a female 4" Fazlok at the outlet of my 1-1/2 hp Jet DC 1100-C dust collector and adapted 4" Fazlok female fittings to the dust outlets of my table saw, combo sander, radial arm saw, and band saw. Then I put male Fazlok fittings at each end of a ~15' length of 4" flex hose so I could quickly move from one machine to another. I like the J-slot locking feature of the Fazlok fittings. I tired of having to drag the 4" flex hose from one machine to another and wanted increased suction flow from my machines so I recently upgraded my dust collection to 6" S&D PVC main trunk lines along my ceiling with 6" drops down to each machine and individual machine blast gates. http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...lapsed&sb=5&o=

In my dust collection upgrade, I also included an extra vertical drop on each of the four shop walls so I can still use the 4" Fazlok QDs and 4" flex hose to clean up the shop floor and tops of my worktable, etc. Here then are some photos I just took to help you see how Fazlok fittings are used by me.

Tom

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the 15' of 4" flex hose with a male Fazlok at each end ... attached with a 4" hose clamp over the Fazlok fitting.

Here is the 4" flex hose coupled up to one of my new drops that has a 4" female Fazlok fitting ... for floor cleaning, etc. First photo is from a distance; next photo is close up.

Last photo shows how a 4" Fazlok female fitting slips over the plastic nipple of standard 4" dust collection fittings available from most any woodworking store. So there is no adapting or manipulating needed to join the Fazlok female fitting to such a 4" dust fitting.

I'm always hesitant to offer "non-answer" replies, but ....

After playing with a couple of different quick-release clamps, I just stuck a 5/16" (or whatever it is) nutrunner on my tool belt ... always on, when I'm in the shop, and where my DC remote lives, anyway ... and went back to old fashioned hose clamps.

I no longer even notice the few seconds of tighten/loosen.

As you were ....
    He's no fun. He fell right over !

A wrap or too of electrical or gorilla tape really improved my friction fit connections.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    A wrap or too of electrical or gorilla tape really improved my friction fit connections.
    Too Much Information

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brooks View Post
    I'm always hesitant to offer "non-answer" replies, but ....

After playing with a couple of different quick-release clamps, I just stuck a 5/16" (or whatever it is) nutrunner on my tool belt ... always on, when I'm in the shop, and where my DC remote lives, anyway ... and went back to old fashioned hose clamps.

I no longer even notice the few seconds of tighten/loosen.

As you were ....
    Hey Neil, If you ever loose that nutrunner, you could try these...
    thumb screw clamp.jpg
    Not the most "elegant" solution, but they work. Even after you drop them. +1 on the Gorilla tape wrap.

Joe-

Yeah. Got some of those.

Got some of the "squeeze-to-release" variety, too:

Just ... fell out of love with them. I relegated them to locations where they don't get removed/re-installed. I think I couldn't get them as tight as I needed, to keep my quick connect on, consistently.

I was headed down the same path as Tom but stopped. I have a 1 1/2HP single stage but knew I needed more and more was going to require 6" duct. I like the twist lock function of the fazlok and wonder if it would be possible to make a fazlok from 6" S&D pipe. Once or when I get my cyclone setup and the new duct work run, I'll give it a try. Unless someone else beats me to it.

Catalog Number Description Brand Model OnHand Unit Pricing
    146-351 FAZLOK 2 1/2" MALE QD DUST FITTING Platte River 146351 10+ EA $ 8.49
    146-354 FAZLOK 2 1/2" FEMALE DUST FITTING Platte River 146354 10+ EA $ 8.49
    962-297

FAZLOK 2-1/2" 4-PIECE STARTER SET
    Includes Brand Model
    146-351 FAZLOK 2 1/2" MALE QD DUST FITTING 2 Platte River 146351
    146-354 FAZLOK 2 1/2" FEMALE DUST FITTING 2 Platte River 146354

Woodtek USA 10+ SET $ 26.99
    121-595
    (121-959)
    FAZLOK 4" QUICK DISCONNECT MALE Platte River 121595 10+ EA $ 11.99
    121-598 FAZLOK 4" QUICK DISCONNECT FEMALE Platte River 121598 10+ EA $ 11.99
    960-805

FAZLOK 4" QUICK DISCONNECT KIT
    Includes Brand Model
    121-595 FAZLOK 4" QUICK DISCONNECT MALE 2 Platte River 121595
    121-598 FAZLOK 4" QUICK DISCONNECT FEMALE 2 Platte River 121598

Woodtek USA 10+ SET $ 30.99