Thread: A bit of cherry

A bit of cherry

So this isn't exactly a gloat as I certainly paid a fair price, but I'm looking forward to working with this pile. It's Michigan cherry - green - and totals around 650 pounds. Each of those rectangular blocks is about 6" thick, 16" wide, and 33" long. Destine for some big bowls, which is what I like to make.

If anyone is interested in a good source for this sort of stuff, PM me, and I'm glad to share contact info. I have no affiliation with the supplier, I just like to see him do well so that he's there when I want more!

2. That is some nice cherry...........even if you did have to shell out the $$$$$. I always like to look at your threads when you have done a bowl, Sean..........I think you do a bowl form about as good as they come. These should shine brightly......so, do you think you will use your beeswax finish again?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Nice looking wood. Sometimes paying for quality is a good thing. Neil

Congrats!! Looks like you have quite the supply!! Looking forward to seeing some large bowls real soon!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Holy Cow! Now thats a pile of Cherry!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

WOW. very nice

That's cool! Pretty rare to find a supplier that will mill stuff into 6" thick slabs like that... Looking forward to seeing yet he bowls!

Wow Sean that is a heap of nice looking cherry. Ought to keep ya busy for a day or two.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Now THAT, makes the 9" cherry bowl I finished today look rather insignificant! I think the "you get what you pay for" line sure applies here! Congrats on some great wood! I am looking forward to seeing what it becomes!

Great looking haul. I hope it's well coated with anchor seal on the end grain & all 4 sides. Green cherry has a way of cracking around here very quickly if not totally sealed. I'd hate to see it all crack up on you.

Looks like someone is going to make a MAJOR pile of sawdust. Nice score.