Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Will Your Next Woodworking Investment Be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Hobbs
    I can dream can't I?
    I like the way you dream Ernie!!!! Especially the widebelt sander!!!!! Ooooh-Weeeeeee!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

This is the next thing in my plans -12" belt sander - but I gotta get back on my feet and earning before I pull the trigger
    Last edited by Ian Barley; 10-18-2006 at 1:11 PM.

The only 'big' thing I really want to add is a horizontal slot mortiser.

gary

I'm sure this can be classed as a woodworking machine.. and I want one

Thats me at the controls pretending I can afford it

Peterson factory open day last year.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well this year has already been a spending spree. I finished the shop, bought and installed the Oneida 2hp commercial DC and a new Unisaw. The only I'd still like to get would be an ocillating spindle sander. I kind of like the Rigid because it will also work as vertical belt sander, and it's portable. Not too pricey, but it may have to wait, wife wants me to build a deck this year.

A lifetime membership in TBA (Tool Buyers Anonymous).

Seriously, I just sprung for the Woodpecker's Precision Router Lift and the Incra Ultra Jig -- should arrive next week. I would Like another router dedicated to the router table, looking at the Bosch 1617 2.25 HP. Also I do need a sharpening system, and a real band saw to replace the Craftsman 12" tilt head, a PM 66 would be nice, and a ..............................

TBA -- I NEED YOUR HELP !!!!!
    Tony

More space. I am in the process of building a shed onto the side of my workshop to move wood storage from inside the shop. This will free space inside the shop. . .so I can "invest" in more stuff.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    I am thinking about getting one of these:
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

My major investment for the next several months will be using all the tools we've bought in the past year to build even more furniture for LOML, my best client. (She pays well, too. ) We've bought a carload of wood and veneer over the last few weeks -- most of that will go for speculation pieces that I will exhibit and hope to sell. I'll also continue on pieces to complete our bedroom suite (bed and nightstand pics on our website). So, the 'major investment' for me will be time in the shop!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Falotico
    A lifetime membership in TBA (Tool Buyers Anonymous). ...
    Hello, my name is Bill. I'm a toolaholic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

I am thinking about getting one of these:
    Ken

I came across one of those on our last road trip

dont think it was for sale though

Ian

This is a neat thread!

Well as John Miliunas knows, I have been on a spending spree as of lated. None of them have arrived, but I have 4 great additions to the shop on their way.

After those additions, I would really like to build a router table and buy a hand held router so that I can dedicate my current router to the table. The next big iron I would like is one of three, a stationary planer, a cabinet saw or a drum sander.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

I am pretty happy with my tools. I would like to replace my Stanley planes and chisels with LN sutff; five chisels and three planes.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Hey Kan Salisbury - are you lusting after something that you used as a kid? That why you posted that image?

I've decided that I finally need to get some sort of drum sander - perhaps a 22-44. I'd consider a woodmaster, but that's really more than I want to spend today. Probably a few months out yet.