Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrisitan Wood Crosses

Chrisitan Wood Crosses

Would any of you happen to know where you can get some good plans for Crosses. Do any of you happen to cut out crosses or know anyone who does in Texas?
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

I would post this in the CNC section. I've seen some very nice 3D files of them
    Look at 3dmodelclub.com and vectorart3d.com for model choices. The prices you'll see are a 1 time fee for the cut file. I have a CNC and would love to do them for you if you don't mind them shipping from NJ.
    Last edited by Kurt Rosenzweig; 03-10-2012 at 5:10 PM.

Hey Kurt, thank you for the links, I am afraid I could not afford the shipping from NJ but thanks for the offer. Oh, and unless I am mistaken this is the cnc section? : )

Zelma
    God Bless,
    Texas

Yep you got me. sometimes I forget where i am. Just ask my wife. You could also post on the shopbot forums. I know there are tons of people from Texas over there that would be happy to help you.

Go to amazon.com and search for scrollsaw pattern books, religous, christian, cross, etc. I picked a few up a couple years ago and there are some great patterns in these books.

Or you could do an image search on Google... Just be careful about reselling copies of copyrighted stuff...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

I would like to find patterns of crosses with a resale license.
    God Bless,
    Texas

i have many files 5000 + can you show mw a picture of what you want?

mcgrew 636 at msn dot com

James, thank you for the offer, I have looked today but haven't found what I have in my head. I will keep looking and hopefully I'll find it soon, or if all else fails I'll try to draw one.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Finally found one that is similar to what I want to make.

crosses 2 (595 x 600).jpg

Do you just draw the designs or are there patterns out there somewhere? Seems like there are a lot of these that are almost identical. Any help would be much appreciated.
    God Bless,
    Texas

cross.JPG

nope just a few minutes

That looks good. Now remember, we don't have our machine yet, so we know NOTHING. We are sending money in the a.m. to get the ordering process started.

Now, with that said, the cross you posted, is that a drawing you did . . . or . . . will this work with the machine as design files?

Totally in the dark, hoping to learn and I am sure once we get the machine and software it will be alot easier. I just sorta would LOVE to have the crosses ready to go when it comes in.
    God Bless,
    Texas

i did that with aspire/vcp directly from your photo !

get the demo for vcarvepro off of the vectric website, later today we can get online together and i will show you !

Got it! Don't know what to do with it but I've got it downloaded.

Tried it out last night a little. I can see practice will help and watching a lot of the on line tutorials
    Last edited by James & Zelma Litzmann; 04-02-2012 at 7:12 AM.
    God Bless,
    Texas

http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/ind...aster2&x=0&y=0

start with the 2d design tutorials work thru them you can save any thing you make for later use with your machine,, i was working on machines til late last night call me later after you watch a few of these (in order)

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...rials_tut.html