Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accepted

Accepted

Hey All,
    Last fall I submitted some pictures of some past turnings to a committee member of the David Strawn Art Gallery board for review for a possible showing at some time in the future. Well last night, I got a call from the director of the Gallery and I have been selected for a showing this fall. I was shocked and some words came to mind from Wayne's World, like, "I'm not worthy," "I'm not worthy." Well, apparently the board thought I was. There will be a Gala night for the showing, and there will be two Artisans showing for the month, me and paintings by an artist. When I asked about how many pieces I could show she said as many as you want as the show room is expansive. My pieces will be on pedestals and glass cases and the other person will have the wall space. Now the uncertainty of what to show comes to play. I am even being paid to show, which was a shock, as well. I will be on display for a month and all items will be for sale without commission. I do have some extra time to decide, so I might try a few new things that I haven't done before. I am so incredibly excited to be chosen, so I thought I would share the good new with my friends. Here is a link to the Gallery, but there is not much to see as the Gallery doesn't open for the season until April. http://www.strawnartgallery.org/ Here is a picture of the outside of the Gallery which was built in 1880. It is a beautiful building and has some permanent displays that are wonderful. http://www.flickr.com/photos/army_arch/566389475/
    Last edited by Ken Glass; 03-10-2012 at 6:50 PM.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Not only does it sound like a great opportunity, that "no commission" deal is sweet!

Ken - CONGRATS!! That is big news! You get paid to be there and you also don't have to pay any commission for the entire month?? Holly Cow - take everything you can get your hands on!!

Have fun! We expect lots of photos when the event rolls around!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

4. It doesn't get much better than that! What an opportunity! Congratulations Ken!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congratulations Ken, look forward to seeing the pics of the venue.
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Major congrats Ken! I would get real busy and fill that place up with pieces. I am not in any galleries but know that no commision is unheard of. I wonder what the reward for the gallery is if they don't get a cut?
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

congratulations, no commission, is that sort of like 70 virgins?

Whoo Hooo!! Congratulations Ken. Let's see...one piece a day between now and fall......better get busy

Paid to show??? No commission??? That's a gallery most people only dream of! Kind of like you died and went to heaven. Maybe you better pinch yourself...
    David DeCristoforo

If I lived closer I would come cheer you on. That's every artists dream, to be shown and paid for it. Best of luck when the time comes.
    faust

Hey All,
    Before we all envision a huge payment given to me by honoring them with my presence, LOL, I must admit the enumeration is the small amount of $100.00. But, the fact of being on display and for sale for a month at The Strawn Art Gallery is much more enticing to me. It could also establish me with some very wonderful collectors and Artists which can't be bad either. All in all, it should prove to be a real Hoot!
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Way to go Ken, congratulations!!!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

SWEET! Congratulations!

Congrats on your up coming gallery show. & remember to have fun with this & don't let it burn you out.

Congrats Ken! It looks like a great place to be!