Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Keller Original!!

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    I even like the foot!......
    The second piece was actually inscribed to my wife(total suck up move… which worked!)........
    Due to your known obsession with feet, I knew that what ever I sent would have to have one!
    I really wanted to make an inscribed biscuit cutter and mention that someone had posted about how much the Mrs. liked to cook..but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Glad the suck up worked!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    ........Keller's "OR Patient" came through the surgery with flying colors - no stainless steel lag screws like he is used to using every day. Great curves.

....... I don't recall mention of Keller sending you a beautiful piece of BE maple, but it looks sweet on the bowl.
    John, the patient is in fine shape! As for the maple, I had to slip a piece of Maine wood in there somehow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rhoads View Post
    ..........I like that you tried to send each other ugly wood.
    Jerry, the wood I recieved was far from ugly! It just wasn't exactly bowl material, or at least what I am used to!
    3-14-12 Keller Collection.jpg
    The rosewood burl in the bottom left was what I wanted to start with because I had never turned any. I had reservations to begin with, but cut off that little piece, then began to turn. I still just couldn't see how a bowl was going to happen. Thats when I really started to sweat! The little piece front and center is what is left from the elm. Spalted hackberry top left and rosebud burl bottom right.

What Keller got on the other hand.... was rotting stuff that I picked up off the ground. In the haul of local cherry burls I got last spring, there were a couple of ones where the tree had just fallen over and were laying on the ground. Almost everything had rotted with the exception of the burl. When I loaded those in my trailer, I was thinking these are "Keller material". He sure proved I was right!

Looks like a good trade. Both parties ended up with some sharp looking turnings.

Great looking turnings from both of you.
    I was sad because I had no shoes,
    Then I saw a man who had no feet
    ================================
    If you do today what no one else will,
    You'll do tomorrow what no one else can

That's a win/win right there! You guys done good, real good!