I am looking for my first cabinet saw, and hopefully last one to purchase. Many candidates exist including he Powermatic PM20003 HP 10" Single Phase Left Tilt Table Saw with 50 Accu-Fence, Rout-R-Lift and Riving Knife ($2804), a Jet Deluxe Xacta, JTAS-10XL50-1DX ($2039), or the Delta 36L352 3 HP Unisaw with 52 Inch Biesemeyer Fence ($2699 after rebate). Less expensive alternatives will be the Grizzly G1023RLX 10" 3 HP 220V Cabinet Left-Tilting Table Saw ($1600) or the General International 50-260R M1 10" Left Tilt 3HP Table Saw ($1639).

The Powermatic and Jet are both on sale for a few days. If memory serves me well the Grizzly saws will go on sale some time late spring but last year they only offered a $50 discount.

I had sent an e-mail to a woodworking forum member with an older Unisaw (2000ish) but no response came. Perhaps I will give that a few more days. Based on some very poor experiences on Craigslist, I don't really want to do business there. I do like old iron though but it seems many of the folks who own it want nearly as much for the older stuff as the newer stuff costs. I do think some of the advances such as a riving knife with table saws are an improvement.

So based on my options, any ideas?