Todd, how could you do that. We were still arguing about whether it would work. The Oneida smart has a vfd with software that adjusts the airflow to compensate so in effect it speeds up the motor if needed. You can get that by buying a three phase motor and running it a vfd. A change of 3hz increases or decreases my airflow by about 13%. It isn't a bad option if you find a good used Torit, Dustvent, or Sternvent 3-5 hp system which tend to be three phase. For your application the Oneida hi vac 5 hp is overkill and the regular 5 might be as well. On the other hand the 5 hp motor will run on less amps if the ducting restricts it so you aren't wasting all that much energy. I like the steel in the Oneida but the clearvue cyclone design is more efficient at fine dust separation. In fact that cyclone was developed primarily for the fine dust so it excells at that. If I were buying the clearvue I would buy the Max cyclone for $200 more to get the 8" inlet and then reduce to what made sense. If you decide to add a drum sander or bigger shaper down the road you will only need to swap out the main line. Having said all of that I have a Torit 20-5 cyclone with an Oneida stand alone blower-5hp three phase and run it off a vfd. That is more than you need but I have less $ in it than what a new Oneida 2000 would cost, and I still have the original Torit blower and motor as a backup. Dave