Thread: Freud SD208 or Oshlun SDS-0842

Freud SD208 or Oshlun SDS-0842

Searched for the Freud 8" dado, and both of these dados came up, about same price, but the oshlun is 42 tooth. Can anyone comment on which is better?

Look at the Delta ( I think the # is 7640)from Cripe Distributing. About the same price (delivered,) and highly rated.

No experience with the Freud but I can back the Oshlun. Cuts clean, flat bottomed grooves for me.

I use my SD208 as a backup for my Dado King and it does a solid job for the price. If I was replacing it with a similarly priced set based on Scott S.'s recommendation I would save a little and get the above mentioned Delta. In the end most of the ~100 sets from the big names are solid. Dewalt also rebadges the delta set but is sells for a little more.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

+1 on the Delta from Cripe. I needed a new set a week or so ago. I decided on the Delta and couldn't be happier. I chose it over the Frued because of the 4 tooth chippers and nice storage case. Dead flat bottoms and tiny bat ears plus several shims in the set. Best money I've spent in a while.

I have the oshlun and strongly back it as a solid set

Both are good value sets, but my money would go to the Delta/DeWalt 7670 set from Cripe....$74 plus s/h. Very good performance that gives a taste of the premium sets, great carrying case, and very nice shim stock.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....