View Poll Results: What do you use for accurate crosscuts?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miter saw (sliding or not)

63 24.90%
  • Tablesaw

144 56.92%
  • Radial arm saw

29 11.46%
  • Other

37 14.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you use for accurate crosscuts?

I use my table saw with a sled for most cuts. To be honest though I don't worry much about rails or stiles being cuts exactly square....as long as they're close enough it's fine. When I cope my rails I remove about 1/32" of material on each end, this ensures that I get a full profile cut, and that they are dead on square. Stiles don't need to be square either as I'm going to do a finish cut on the door after glue up. That's when it needs to be dead square and the table saw does a nice job of it.

good luck,
    JeffD

I use a Table saw with my JessEm slider or incra 1000SE.

Other - Minimax combo

Whatever's free, and has an acceptable blade on it, at the moment -- TS w/Incra, TS w/X-cut sled, TS w/panel sled, CMS, RAS ......

I'm more lazy than particular, and get pretty accurate results with any/all of the above
    He's no fun. He fell right over !

Other: Hammer K3 sliding table saw make crosscuts painless.

I use my DeWalt miter saw. I don't have a good miter guage for my TS. But, regardless of saw used, the final and most important step is squaring the piece after the gluing, using criss-cross measurements to guarantee it drying square.

Voted other... Festool TS55 on MFT/3 table.. set the stop and get perferct square and length for each rail and stile..

8. Anyone else use an old miter box and backsaw?

I voted other because I have a Dewalt 12" SCMS and now and dead perfect crosscut sled on my TS3650. If it fits on the tablesaw then I use that but if it is a long piece of stock then i use the SCMS. Either one does a fine job it just depends on the stock length.

Sliding table on table saw.

C

I use my 12" Rigid SCMS for accurate crosscuts.

All of the above.......

I have a sliding tablesaw along with a couple of cabinet saws, an OMGA, and about a dozen chop saws, and if the power goes out a handbox and a Lion trimmer, so no shortage of choices. Whatever works best for that job. I don't see it as a one answer question.

For styles and rails I have an old cast iron Delta jackshafted 10" that is massaged perfect in all planes. It is a dedicated saw for just that, does not leave the shop, and has been giving me perfect results for many years.

For larger jobs I will use the carrage on the slider and cut in batches.

I use the OMGA 14" for larger stuff. It creates so much wind that small pieces make me nervious.

Larry

Jointech Smart Miter on my table saw. Fast, accurate, square and repeatable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If you first don't succeed, TRY, TRY AGAIN...

I replied other because I use an Incra 3000 with sled on my TS but also use a SCMS & my Eurekazone EZ-One bench (a track saw bench).

Mike

I voted other as I wasn't sure if my TS sled should be listed as TS.