Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X6???

Like I said, probably you are the only one who will be able to answer that since we don't know what features you use in your work flow, here is a pdf from Corel with a feature comparison from X6 back to 12.

Ruben

Been running the Trial version for the past couple days. Not yet impressed. Faster than X5... maybe, but not significantly. Does the Epilog print driver still Crash Corel X6, as it did X5... yes (paying attention Epilog?). I'll continue testing.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    ...Does the Epilog print driver still Crash Corel X6, as it did X5... yes (paying attention Epilog?).
    Hi Tim, are you talking about the 64 bit driver?
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Yes, the 64bit driver. Great driver and big improvement over the previous one, except for this one quirk. Randomly when I try to open the driver and hit the Preferences button it locks up and only cycling my computer will make it work again. I consider this a minor issue as it only happens maybe 1 out of 15 or 20 times I enter Preferences. Nothing like the issues you have dealt with.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Tim,

The exact same thing happens to me.......and I get an error message (can't remember what it says......but "hpq...." something) when I reboot. I didn't realize it was X5 causing it, for some reason I thought it was my HP injet printer screwing things up.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    The exact same thing happens to me.......and I get an error message (can't remember what it says......but "hpq...." something) when I reboot. I didn't realize it was X5 causing it, for some reason I thought it was my HP injet printer screwing things up.
    Steve, As it's still happening with X6, I think I have to blame the Epilog driver. Not sure how to prove it.
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Don't feel shunned...we don't contact individuals directly. If I didn't post a notice in this forum ~a year ago I apologize as I usually give you guys notice when the beta application goes live.

Tony.

Depends on the operating system, but if you're using Vista or Win7, click on the details tab and see which module the crash appeared in.

Tony

I just ordered X5 a couple of months ago. There was no mention of X6. I'm feeling very duped by Corel, especially when there were specials on X5.
    Epilog Helix 45 watt
    Wacom Tablet
    Corel X7 Subscription
    Mac Book Pro running Windows via VMware Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Geitz View Post
    I just ordered X5 a couple of months ago. There was no mention of X6. I'm feeling very duped by Corel, especially when there were specials on X5.
    I just got it in December and I can't say I was thrilled to see X6 come out so soon after that either. Their loss, we won't be upgrading for a while now. I guess I'll wait until X7 comes out. When you have to buy multiple seats and things like this happen, it can end up costing a lot of money. They don't care.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

There is a "technology protection" in place but I"m uncertain how far back it covers...I'm looking for this information now and will post an update in a bit.
    T.

I know I bought x5 only a week before x6 came out! So, I called and I was able to buy x6 for a low upgrade price, only bad thing I had bought the book with x5 and I didn't get the book with the upgraded Technology x6! I wish I had known and I would have waited the week! Would have saved me . I don't need x5 and x6 and no x6 book! But that is timing!

I've decided not to upgrade. Not enough change from the 32bit X5 version. X6 is faster on my 64bit Win7, but only by seconds or fractions of seconds. Not enough new features either to justify the cost. For those that do and use Epilog - be sure to check out the 8.08 driver. Works perfect. A whole week of beating it up with NO issues at all. That alone made me consider X6, but at the end of the day, I have to pay my bills... and buy more Christmas lights! My money pit of a hobby - last year 30,000 lights driven my 7 computerized controllers, all broadcast on a my own FM radio station. This year my creation grows....
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    I've decided not to upgrade. Not enough change from the 32bit X5 version. X6 is faster on my 64bit Win7, but only by seconds or fractions of seconds. Not enough new features either to justify the cost.
    Tim: I have to admit, I'm surprised. I would of thought that a laser engraver would of loved the object origin control in the proeprty bar as it makes it 100x easier to align objects in a layout.....the fact that 90% of the most used settings have been consoldated into place (new object properties docker) is a time saver that's worth it's weight in gold....given envravers work so much with text I would of thought that the OpenType would of been icing on the cake.

I'm going to ask a question which will likely come accross harsh, but please understand it's not indended to be. As user experience designer I have to ask...did you find these things but didn't find value in them, or did they not catch your attention.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Severenuk (Corel) View Post
    ...I'm going to ask a question which will likely come across harsh, but please understand it's not indended to be. As user experience designer I have to ask...did you find these things but didn't find value in them, or did they not catch your attention.
    T.
    Honestly, I did not see these features. In the short time (couple weeks) I've had to work with it, I mainly worked standard jobs that I've done dozens of times. I didn't have a lot of new work during that period of time where I would have found/needed these features. I do have 2 days left, so I'll check it out. Well - 1 day, the other will be spent insuring all of my files are converted back to X5...maybe ....
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC