Thread: ash bowl on carved pedestal

ash bowl on carved pedestal

Here's an ash turning I call olive ash because of the dark center with a maple bottom. It's about 12 in tall and 6in wide. Thought I would try something a little different, don't know if the proportions are rights, might be a little too tall, but it was fun to do.2012 spring turnings 005.jpg2012 spring turnings 007.jpg2012 spring turnings 006.jpg

Jerry, that is wild!! Certainly outside the box - I am still pondering it. There is an interesting mix of wood, and I kind of like the bowl.

Wow, kinda cool, i like it, agree outside the box. nice job
    Jeff
    "There's is only one way to turn wood....Safely"

Pretty cool Jerry. Almost has a mythical Harry Potter look to it.
    Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

I wonder if this is what a plant on another planet might look like. Pretty out of this world Jerry!

Thats great! Really like the natural edge rim.
    Did you "spot" the stem with some kind of dye or is that just the color/grain of the wood ?
    Your opinions and advice are welcome on anything i post - Thanks

Joe, I forgot to mention I woodburned the stem so the transition between the 2 woods wasn't so obvious. Thanks for everyone's comments.

That's cool! My first impressions were the same as Baxter's... looks like a plant from another planet! Anything that spurs the imagination is a good thing! Nice work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!