Thread: Craftsman Professional Table Saw on Craigslist - good deal?

Craftsman Professional Table Saw on Craigslist - good deal?

Guys,

Saw this on CL today. No picture, so I can't tell what condition this is in, but does anyone here have any experience with this saw? I've been wanting to upgrade from my Delta Contractor saw for quite a while and just can't find the budget for a Unisaw or SawStop

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/2915918136.html

Thanks,

John

This is in the Craftsman line usually referred to as zipcode saws for their model numbers, so you may find more info if you search under that name.

I have the 22124, which is a slightly nicer version of the one advertised. It has a Biesemeyer fence, for one thing, but it looks the chassis is the same. It's a good saw, I really like it and it has always behaved well. It is taller than a lot of cabinet/hybrid saws, but that was a plus to me (I'm 6'4'). Where he got $1400 new, I have no idea. Mine was a $1000 new and you could often get is on sale for less. So saying, $650 seems okay but a tad steep.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

I also have the 22124 and am happy with it. I paid about $800 8 years ago. In Southern CA, a fair price would be in the $500 range. If that is rust on the table surface, use that in any bargining.

Joe

Two years ago, when I upgraded saws the most I could get for my 22124 was $500.My saw included the mobile base. It' is interesting that the seller chose to post a picture of a saw other than the one being sold. If the saw is more than a 15 minute drive away I'd want to see a picture of the actual saw being sold before making the trip.

Blog Entries
    If it is a 22124 (which it appears to be) I have one. I have "almost" upgraded a few times over the past several years but always stopped myself and wondered "why?". I am not sure how he gets a $1400 price tag on a saw that retails for $1000 and was often found on sale when it was available.

It was an Orion product and the quality is superior to many of its classmates. It is not a 3HP cab saw but it shares the top of the heap in hybrids with one or two others. Unless there is some driving reason beyond the saws actual performance (which is great), I will probably run this saw for many years to come. The price seems quite fair if it is in good mechanical order. It would be nice to see a pic of the one that is for sale.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 03-22-2012 at 7:16 PM. Reason: grammer
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

$500-$550 tops for that one....looks to be rusty from the pic. It never retailed for more than $1100, and most paid $900 or less. Anything more they paid was for extended services which you don't receive or benefit from in any way. I did like the saw.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Read last part of the ad. The saw in the picture is not the saw thats for sale. That said, I agree with others on the $500 price range.

$450-$550 is a fair price. I have this saw and am well pleased with it. The fence is what really makes it nice. I am not sure but I think the saw in the photo does have the extensions on. Not sure what he is referring to.

James

I bought a new Craftsman 22116 with granite top 2 weeks ago for under $900 on sale.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN