Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid cell phones

stupid cell phones

cell phones are nothing but trouble , first it was no cell on the airplane , then no cell at doctor office/hospital, next one was no texting while driving, but this is the best one NO CELL PHONES while walking because nobody can walk a straight path while talking , one young woman were walking with her family while talking on the cell and walk off the pier, the police were witness to the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    cell phones are nothing but trouble , first it was no cell on the airplane , then no cell at doctor office/hospital, next one was no texting while driving, but this is the best one NO CELL PHONES while walking because nobody can walk a straight path while talking , one young woman were walking with her family while talking on the cell and walk off the pier, the police were witness to the whole thing
    If we are referencing the same woman, the report I saw said she was walking and texting--not just talking--when she walked off the pier. Not quite the same thing.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Won't happen to me! I have a Smart Phone..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jones near Indy View Post
    If we are referencing the same woman, the report I saw said she was walking and texting--not just talking--when she walked off the pier. Not quite the same thing.
    did the report that you saw mentioned a person falling down the steps ? about the talking versus the texting, I am not sure until I see report again

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Won't happen to me! I have a Smart Phone..
    the story mention a smart phone that could warn you when to sidestep to the right or left so as to avoid falling,
    the story did issued a WARNING and advise the cell using to lean against a building for support while you are on the cell phone
    Last edited by ray hampton; 03-22-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Every once in awhile Darwin will give someone a test. Sometimes they fail. I have no problems with this.

Bryan, the report mentioned that about 40 % of the people fail the test and would walk into things while using a cell phone, someone need to perform a test study about the people walking a straight line in total darkness

Blog Entries
    Anyone ever see that poster; "the Cowboy after OSHA"?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    do this poster got something to do with driving while texting ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Morgan View Post
    Every once in awhile Darwin will give someone a test. Sometimes they fail. I have no problems with this.
    Virtual star for you, Bryan...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    do this poster got something to do with driving while texting ?
    Ok that poster is funny. There is a whole collection of them: http://nationalsafety.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/osha-cowboy-osha-bullrider-osha-santa-osha-streaker-and-more…/

More Riding without reining than texting while driving.

Guess the pier wasn't long enough.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

I know some people that cannot walk and chew gum and the same time, I don't know what would happen if they were texting.

sending a text message while driving or walking will get easy when someone comes out with a cell phone that will tell the user the letter or number of each key when your finger tip touch it

sending a text message while driving or walking will get easy when someone comes out with a cell phone that will tell the user the letter or number of each key when your finger tip touch it
    No need, you can speak text messages and send them. No need to type or touch anything to send a text. It'll read them to you as well.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.