My basement floor slopes toward a drain. Based on available room, my table saw will be placed such that I will be facing "up hill" away from the drain while feeding wood into the saw (ie, the front of the saw will be lower than the back of the saw).

Yesterday I removed my Ridgid table saw and I purchased a SawStop Cabinet saw (Professional model, 1.75 HP). The Ridgid saw had leg levelers, so everything was level. The SawStop does not have levelers, and the manual says that I should place it on a level surface. well, I don't have a level surface.

I sent in my paperwork for the mobile base, so that will be installed, but I will likely not move it much after I put things in place.

Any thoughts on how to create a level surface? My first thought was to measure how far out and place a single board on the ground that would elevate the front so that the saw would be level. I suppose that I could then use some shims to support the sides if needed. My guess is that it is out by about 1" over the roughly 24" that the saw base is deep.

My thought was that I would take a board about 2" to 5" wide and plane it so that it provided a level surface along the front. Would make sure that the sides of the saw case did not press down on the back portion that would be a bit higher.