Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I can do some pretty amazing things....

Oh I feel your pain!

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

What's that old saying? "He who has never made a mistake has never made anything" ? There are a couple nice solutions here.

I ended up cutting off one of the stiles where it joins the rails, making a new one and redoing the joinery. Luckily the router still had the trim bit in it for redoing the inside of the frame.
    It's fine.
    Will I learn from this? Maybe.

Were you applying glue when Bob Gainey stepped down, perchance?

I'm already in mourning for a season, lost.

jim
    Habs fan in exile

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Penning View Post
    I ended up cutting off one of the stiles where it joins the rails, making a new one and redoing the joinery. Luckily the router still had the trim bit in it for redoing the inside of the frame.
    It's fine.
    Will I learn from this? Maybe.
    nice recovery! hope to see the finished product and remember: what happens on SMC stays in SMC

I am not so proud to say I have made many mistakes and will make many more. I hate the feeling once I realize what I did. What's just as bad is when you get to the part of a project where you know you have to do something and there's no room for error. you have one chance to do it right and you stand there preparing mentally for what you're about to do. In my router table build, I made the top and it was time to cut out the hole for the plate. I had all of the measurements marked on the top. I knew I had to make the cut but I stood there for a good 20 minutes scared to death. I knew I had one chance to get it right and if I messed it up, there went the top in the garbage. After the 20 minutes passed, I finally just said..Here goes nuthin! It came out fine but those are the kinds of things I hate just as much as discovering mistakes and not knowing it at the time they are made!

I NEVER make mistakes...................right, sure.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I too have never made a mistake... Have made a lot of "design changes" however,, I feel your pain

Sorry, but your post cracked me up Brian. I could just picture the look on your face when you saw the panel leaning there and you'd just realized what you'd done. LOL!

I'm sure that I've probably done something like that, but fortunately the Alzheimer's prevents me from remembering it. I do have a vague recollection of once hastily and forcibly ripping apart a glue-up before the glue set -- I just can't remember the details.

Keith

WOW Brian,

You're right, that IS amazing.....especially your recovery. I might have thought of fixing it, but probably after cutting it up into firewood with a sawzall, in a fit of blind frustration.

Rick Potter

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bas Pluim View Post
    I made a bottomless drawer once. It didn't function very well.
    LOL

I bet it doesn't rattle..?